CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 07, 2003, 12:40 PM
Veteran

Default PC WHIZZ'S LOOKIN - Network Trouble at Work "HELP" [; ; winXP]

sponsored links

My Company has had a load of lines put in and most of the company are on the network and getting to go on the internet at good speeds

My part of the company was not allowed a pc but we have the Ports

So i brought my new laptop in and gave it whirl

I got the computer bloke to connect a cable so i was now connected to the main part

All i had to do now was connect my laptop to the socket next to my desk

I got the right cable of the computer bloke and this is where it went a bit pear shaped

I was having a lot of trouble with joining everone at my work on the network, but then i found out it was my firewall causing a problem

And i had tried it again in the mean time

So once the firewall was off i couble see my self on the network with workmates

The trouble is the computer bloke put me in production and i also appear on the main one, so basically i am there twice and not even meant to be on there!!!!!

[B]I Have 2 area's i need help!![/B]

[B]1. All the directors are going to look and see me, what can i do i only want ot appear in the production one????

2. When i connected on the network everything is fine - Its says connected at 100mb/s and i can see all my collegues in the view network, I can use outlook express and windows messenger to get emials and chat....But i can not use internet explorer - no web pages will load it just says forbidden on a white page ??!?!?[/B]

ANYONE know what settings i have to change etc

All help appreciated

cheers

Last edited by MATRIX 2001; Jan 07, 2003 at 12:44 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2003, 02:15 PM
Veteran

1. Dont think you can hide under the AD, as far as I know, your name may be included within a group, by accident, so your Netman will need to remove you from it.

2. May be port 80 are blocked, on purpose to stop staffs from surfing the web while at work.

HTH
Old Jan 07, 2003, 02:19 PM
Veteran

sorry forgot to add, everone else is on the web straight away, plus i can use messenger?

can i not delete myself of the main part not the production part? or both?
Old Jan 07, 2003, 03:29 PM

A lot depends on how you appear on your network and you rights there (Admin, User etc.) You may be able to remove yourself from the network merely by deleting that network connection in Network Neighbourhood.
The second question has many variables. By lines do you mean phone line or LAN? Does each user dial out individually over these lines or do you have an ethernet or WAN? Does your company use an email/internet server or again is it individually?
Have you set up an internet connection on your laptop?
If you are already a member of the domain then you may need to be allowed by the company firewall to visit the net. Your IP address may not be registered with the router or server if it isn't a work PC.
Old Jan 07, 2003, 04:02 PM
Veteran

i have no rights nor did my mate who got his company pc going

i connect via my laptop ethernet built in card which connect to a socket next to my desk the cable has the same ends

my pc automatically then says connected to netwoork at one hundred mb second my mate just clicked on internet explorer and he was online

no dialing out needed

i have internet set up on my computer as i use broadband at home
Old Jan 07, 2003, 04:34 PM
suspended

Moving to Networking forum....