CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 18, 2002, 01:14 PM

Question Clone wouldn't backup KOF2k

sponsored links

Here's the problem, this has never happened before: I burned Kof2k after applying a 60hz patch, using a trial version of DJ4 (I don't normally like using DJ, i prefer using CDI2NERO). Anyway I always use Clone to make backups and this time, although Clone said sucessful burn, the game wouldn't boot, it just made a horrible noise.

I tried a couple of times but then quit. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? I just wanted to make a backup for my friend.

please help if possible, thanks
C
Old Sep 18, 2002, 04:02 PM
Veteran

Sometimes I've had bad burns that make funny noises.
Usually they were from other people.
I usually take those, re-burn them on a fresh disc and they work.
Whether that has anything to do with your problem is another question.

When you said "tried a couple of times" was that with the same disc?
Old Sep 19, 2002, 04:21 AM
Banned

It'll be clone, if you leave the disc in... I know the noise is evil... But if it's in for over... Say 30 seconds, it'll boot!!!
Old Sep 19, 2002, 07:49 PM

Thanks for replying guys, in answer to Racketboyjoe I tried burning it a couple of times, on separate occasions and got the same results before I gave up (sick of getting coasters).
Secondly to Red Razorwire, I didn't leave it in for over 30 secs cuz the noise was so terrible (REALLY nasty sound). What confuses me is that I've used Clone lots before and never had this happen, i.e. it not backing up a game successfully (apart from the occasional bad burn)

Thanks again, maybe I should try backing it up with DJ.......

BTW I'm a newbie but I've been reading this board for ages, just my home phone line got cut off for a while ( capitalism sucks) , shame the Dreamcast scene is dying down, I love emulators though, and the DCs still strong there (will a new mamed come out soon?)....perhaps when i get the cash someday I'll have to buy another console...........
Old Sep 20, 2002, 10:23 AM
Veteran

Yeah Dreamcast rocks... I'LL never abandon it

Anyway, I've burned with Clone befoe and never had it sounding weird.
I've had some games that just wouldn't boot, but never making noises.
I haven't used Clone for KOF 2000 though.

If you have the DJ demo, I would just use that for KOF -- sorry bud

If I figure anything else out, I'll let ya know
Old Sep 20, 2002, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the help I do appreciate any contributions, and yeah i plan on using my Dc for a long time yet........there's hundreds of games out there and the quality of a lot of them exceeds that of other consoles.

I know all the other consoles have some good games but they also mostly have a lot of really crappy games, this is most apparent on x-box and ps2.
The Dc had a high quality to quantity ratio but people never supported it which is sad but that's life...........

Later C