CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 23, 2002, 03:27 AM

Default Burned a backup game using Clone Cd. Now it only plays on the machine that burned it

sponsored links

I made some backups of games for my kids to use on their computers. So they don't trash the originals. I am the only one with a burner.

I used Clone Cd and enabled "Hide CDR media". The cloned games play fine on my computer..... but when I insert the disk into the kids computer... it says the disk is EMPTY... NOTHING ON IT!!!???

I am using WINXP on both machines. HITACHI DVD on the kids. I Have a Lite on 48x burner.

What am I missing here?

Will I have to install a burner on the kids machine AND install Clone CD on their machine so that the burned disk will run??

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2002, 03:54 AM
Veteran

Hide CDR media is only required to run certain copied games in CDRW drives. All it does is block programs from checking the ATIP info.

Can their drives normally read CD's that you have burnt? Same brand, speed, etc.?
Old Nov 23, 2002, 05:49 AM
Veteran

Hi M8, it could be that the disc's are safe disc 2 protected and your burner isn't fully compatable, in short. the copied disc's will play in the burner and on the machine they were copied on.. put them in another PC and they dont work.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 07:51 AM
Veteran

He said he has a Lite-On 48X. There are several different models, but they all support SD2.

Also he said the discs appear blank. If a burner only partially supported SD2 then the discs would appear normal, but not pass the SD2 varification and either ask for the correct CD or just crash.
Old Nov 24, 2002, 07:07 AM
Veteran

Thanks for the update celtic_druid, I dont have a litey myself and wasn't about to start looking up litey info, must admit missed the bit on the "appears blank" duh....

So, as you have already said, do the other PC's read other disc's that have been copied on your machine??