CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 07, 2002, 05:30 AM
Veteran

Default Win Xp Problems Playing Safedisc Protected Games

sponsored links

i done all 6 sims games for someone who runs xp and he says none of the expansion packs work , i know they do work and i cloned them properly , now if i remember back i read xp has problems playing some safedisc games etc , am i correct , if so what is the problem and how can it be sorted ?
Is there an update or patch this person should use to get the games to work in xp ?
The games are cloned so please dont suggest it needs a crack .
Old May 07, 2002, 07:35 AM
Veteran

If they are SD v2.51.xx and they were Cloned with a drive that does not fully support SD2, then it is quite possible that they will not work in some drives..

Also macrovision did release a patch for SD2 on XP, although one would assume that it would be included in the windows updates, as microsoft helped them with it..

You could check their site for it... otherwise, I am sure that I would have it around somewhere.