CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 28, 2004, 10:47 PM

Default Getting Error 6, Please Help.

sponsored links

Ok, I've been working on this thing for 6 hours now and I've done a lot to try to get this thing working so I'll explain my process as best as I can.
Before I start, I have a 2 xbox's. MY modded V1.1 with Samsung DVD Drive(Xbox A) and a friend's nonmodded V1.1 with Phillips DVD Drive(Xbox B ).
I successfully performed a hotswap with this tutorial:

***********.xbox-scene.com/articles/font-unmodded-hotswap.php

And got the ernie and bert reloaded font exploit installed on Xbox B, everything worked great. A few days later, We noticed that we couldn't access the original MS dashboard to access the saved games, cd ripping...etc. So I used the following tutorial here to restore the MS dashboard function.

***********.xbox-scene.com/articles/xtf-link-msdash.php

After completing the process and rebooting the xbox, I got an error 6. Now, how did I get a "Cannot unlock HDD" (error 6) error from trying to fix the dashboard? Since I can no longer run evox (or anything!!) on the Xbox B to repair this issue, I took the HD from Xbox B and put it in Xbox A. I got the same error 6, so I put in Slayer's evo-x auto installer in xbox A's dvd drive (samsung), rebooted and I was able to enter evo-x. I then ftp'ed to Xbox A and manually erased the C and E folders and then uploaded the C and E folders from Xbox B I had backed up before I started this whole thing. I reset xbox A (I still have Xbox B's HD in xbox A) and it booted into the MS dash, I then thought, "cool, I can finally finish this". I then returned the HD to Xbox B and I got the friggin Error 6 again. Once again, I removed the HD from Xbox B and put it into A, FTP'ed back to it and then installed the font files and the Phoenix loader, rebooted Xbox A and suprisingly booted into Evo-x (without the Evo-X CD in the drive)...and NOT suprisingly, I got another Error 6 when I put the HD back into Xbox B. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I don't have a clue what to do now. Why is Xbox B's hard drive working in Xbox A but getting an error 6 in Xbox B? I don't care if I ever get the MS dash to ever boot now, I just want to get the phoenix dash on Xbox B working like before. Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate the help.
Old Mar 01, 2004, 02:49 PM
Veteran

sounds as if the password is wrong. may have to mod and run config magic.