CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 09, 2002, 06:17 PM

Default Xbox to FlashFXP?? not connecting

sponsored links

I set my pc to static IP 192.168.0.1, booted xbox up w/ cdrw of evox dash 1.8.4?? something like that (dummied iso version). set the xbox to static ip 192.168.0.2 then I connected the xbox to my pc using a crosover cable. But it won't connect???? what's the problem, I used the name and password: xbox

what am I doing wrong? I also turned off my anti virus software and firewall. I rebooted the PC too after changing the ip to.

anyone got an idea? thnx
Old Dec 09, 2002, 06:33 PM
Veteran

If you are booting off CD-RW is the ini file in there contain the same static IP? because if you set it afterwards booting off CD-RW, it's not going to save.

Check our FAQ section.

Try this also

1. Connect xover cable (PC is on)
2. Turn on XBox (now your PC should report some form of network connection)
3. Set static IP on XBox
4. try to connect.

I think your best bet is to have the evo.ini on the CD-RW already setting the XBox static IP. So when you boot off the evox, it already knows to set it.
Old Dec 09, 2002, 06:46 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Jaymus [/i]
[B]If you are booting off CD-RW is the ini file in there contain the same static IP? because if you set it afterwards booting off CD-RW, it's not going to save.

Check our FAQ section.

Try this also

1. Connect xover cable (PC is on)
2. Turn on XBox (now your PC should report some form of network connection)
3. Set static IP on XBox
4. try to connect.

I think your best bet is to have the evo.ini on the CD-RW already setting the XBox static IP. So when you boot off the evox, it already knows to set it. [/B]
Okay I change the ini file to static IP= Yes. re-burning the evolution x dash now. It's 1.8.2812 version btw.

how do you intall the evolution dash onto the xbox hd?

thanks for the help