CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 18, 2003, 11:22 PM
Default Matrix boot problem with xbox live

sponsored links

i have had my matrix mood for about 1 yr now and have been playing PSO for about 3 months. But tonight for some reason when i boot up my xbox it kept sayin that the game had trouble connecting to Xbox live. So i do the trouble shooting, then configers everything but when it try to connect to LIVe it gives me this error message
Modchip error
you system software or hardware has been modified. see

has xbox did some server updates because the when the chip is in disable mode the led light is red and it is. But still keep getting the same error message.
Has Microsoft tagged my system?
Old Jun 19, 2003, 12:13 AM

That's scary. I hope not. My only guess would be that maybe your Matrix isn't correctly booting into On/Off mode and is instead booting into Always On mode. If you are getting a modchip error I'm going to say with 99% positivity that your Xbox has been flagged and you'll need a new EEPROM to keep playing online IF it turns out to be just a problem with your Matrix chip and not with the way Live works(please no).