CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old May 30, 2002, 04:27 AM

Default My opinions on why to get an xbox and not a gamecube....

sponsored links

Theses r open to anybody else opinions, but are based on raw facts, so if you are debating on which to buy this might help, for the record i own and xbox but i have tried 2 b unbiased as possible and just used the facts.

1. The processor speed on the xbox is around 733mhz, gamecube is only 485mhz
2. Gamecube disks seem pretty kool at only 3inch in size, but this means they can only hold 1.5gigs of data (lol i say only) when xboxs cds althought bigger can hold around 9gig, even tho im yet to see a game which uses the lot.
3. This fact astounded me, the gamecube can do 12million polygons a second ingame, whereas the xbox can do 116.5 million, now thats a crazy difference
4. Even tho the xbox is bigger and you can 2 buy that ripoff kit, it can play the old DVDs, VCDS etc etc
5. More and more powerful ram, 64mb UMA compared to 40mb.

Well there we go, there are the brutal facts, dont get me wrong Gamecube looks very nice at its much cheaper price, but we gotta remember even tho microsoft is new to this game they are the richest company in the world so can pump out the goods. They both rock, but i think the old xbox will rock more.......

Info from ***********.extremetech.com
Old May 30, 2002, 05:07 AM

So you bought an X-Box because it has a higher spec? Most people probably base their choice of what machine to get on the games available / due to be released for the system. Otherwise, there would have been about 25 million Neo Geo's sold 10 years ago.
Old May 30, 2002, 05:45 AM
Veteran

So this is your opinion lycrake. And you are a consumer, hmmmm.
Old May 30, 2002, 05:47 AM
suspended

And here's my opinion on this.

I'm closing the thread as it is totally off-topic.
Closed Thread