CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 24, 2003, 08:53 AM

Default Gamecube Gameboy adaptor

sponsored links

Is was thinking about that new Gameboy game adaptor for the Gamecube. Does anyone think there is a way to say get Emulation files of NES, SNES, or N64 games, somehow convert them to something the Gamecube can read, put them on blank Gameboy cartridges and play them through the Gameboy adaptor. If there was no way to get or make or flash Gameboy cartridges maybe someone could invent an adaptor for those small flash memory cards cameras use, so the Gameboy adaptor can read them. This is all just a brainstorm I had this morning, so please no flaming on how stupid this idea is, Iím not a tech guy, Iím just a gamer with ideas and I thought Iíd throw my idea out and see if anyone can do anything with it. Also I suppose if you could get those Emulations of NES, SNES, or N64 games to work. I suppose the possibility of playing any type of game that has been converted for an Emulator could work too.

Basically I was wondering to myself, if the main problem for hacking the Gamecube is the reading of the CDs or making CDs readable by the Gamecube, use another route. Assuming the Gameboy adaptor doesnít need a bootdisk to initialize and boots straight to the adaptor then you essentially bypass the problem area (the CDs).
Old Apr 24, 2003, 04:04 PM

I am not positvie about this, but I think there is a program that converts snes roms to a format that can be put on the blank gba cards through the gba flash linker. If the Gamecube GBA player works with the Flash linker games you should be set. I do not know if the Gamecube GBA player will play the cartidges from the flash linker though.