CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Dec 04, 2002, 04:59 AM

Default Sony VAIO PCV-LX2 and nVidia GeForce 2MX driver problem....

sponsored links

Hi,

the background to this:

Slimtop dektop amchine comes with XP as standard, the older, PCV-LX1 came iwth win2000 as standard, i have an app the cna ONLY run in windows 2000 so i made the machine dual boot, not a problem there.

However, Sony being sony cant (or rather cant be bothered/wont)nhelp me out with locating drivers for the sound and graphics. Howevere i managed to work out what drivers i needed for the sound, and worked fine (up yours sony....!!) and im trying to figure out how to get the graphics to work, so far whatever ive found hangs the PC and makes the screen black when booitng up into 2000 - so obviously theres a bit of a problem somewhere. Can anyone help out. according to the SONY website the spec of this graphics card is:

nVidia GeForce 2 MX
16 MB SDR

now im not sure if this makjes a difference but the way the machine is set up is that the port on the back of the machine is for a special sony display, not your conventioanl 15 pin VGA socket - personally i dont think this makes a difference as you see the monitor working in safe mode, its mor eof a software thing therefore its a driver thats needed.......
Old Oct 05, 2004, 02:27 PM

Default The same

Hi,
If you solved that problem, please e-mail me, cause I have the same problem with my PCV LX2, monitor - PCVA 15XA3/A
I'm tired to look after driver.
Sony ...................

Thanks
Eugen
Old Oct 09, 2004, 06:15 PM

ill try and dig it all out - i gave upin the end for other reasons - BUT I DID gte it all working as dual boot, running 2000 without any probs with sound and pics!!!
Old Nov 02, 2004, 07:02 AM

Default Same!

I'm pulling my hair out soon

I have encoutered this problem before but was able to rollback to the orginal driver back then but I don't have the orginal sony windows xp anymore and now I am really lost. Whatever I try: always a black screen! or with weird colors.

Please tell us how you fixed it! or send us your working driver if possible .
Old Nov 01, 2005, 11:28 AM

Hi There!

If any of you had any luck can you forward me the drivers if possible or put a link here.

I have tried to contact sony and they do not want to give out any help with out paying and on top of that the gut suppopsedly a technian incisted that if you re-install OS even the correct drivers will work that is why he can't help nor listen to me.
Old Sep 02, 2007, 02:07 PM

Default driver

Hi there

Ivé got the same problem wird screen ect
Please can someone help me?
Closed Thread