CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 7
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 09, 2014, 02:01 AM

Default Import Canon HF R10/R400/R40 video files to Windows Movie Maker

sponsored links

Summary: The Windows Movie Maker wonít import MTS files from Canon HF R10, R400, R40. The easy workaround is to transcode Canon MTS to Windows Movie Maker friendly format.

As you see Canon HF R10, R40, R400 camcorders are all very popular sellers in the Canon Vixia series, and are familiar to the videographers. The point here, you will find it a painful experience to import and edit Canon MTS files in Window Movie Maker. There're some frequently asked questions quoted as below.

Q1: How to get the videos from my Canon Vixia HF R10 to Windows Movie Maker?
I have tried everything, I put all of the clips into my computer that came with the Canon Vixia HF R10 camera, I can access the videos but I just canít get it to import to windows movie maker... Itís the wrong type of file or something. I just don't know what to do.

Q2: Can Canon Vixia HF R400 videos be edited on Windows Movie Maker?
I got some Canon Vixia HF R400 footage in MTS extension, but Windows Movie Maker seems not to accept these files? How can I get these MTS files edited on WMM?

As you know Windows Movie Maker supports WMV, ASF, MPG (MPEG-1) and AVI (DV-AVI), etc video formats, but it seems WMM (including the recent Movie Maker 2012) does not like the MTS file format. The file type is a compressed output format, not ideal for editing in NLE system. To solve those problems, the quick workaround is to transcode MTS files to Windows Movie Maker natively supported formats (WMV/AVI are highly recommended). Along with some help from third-party software, it can be done effortlessly. Here I share a simple guide on how to convert Canon HF R10/R400/R40 MTS for Windows Movie Maker editing smoothly. If youíre facing the issues, read on to find the answer.

Download the App- Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter, a powerful high-quality video converter, player and editor. If you are editing MTS videos with Windows Movie Maker, chances are you already installed this great free utility. If not, download it from here.

Overall, the program is the best Converter for Canon MTS footage. With this MTS video converter, you can effortlessly transcode Canon MTS to WMV or AVI, which will create an Windows Movie Maker friendly file format keeping the original quality. Besides WMM, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid, MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas, Premiere Pro/Element, AVI for Pinnacle Studio and more NLE systems for native editing. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done

Import Canon HF R10/R400/R40 MTS files to Windows Movie Maker

Step 1: Add MTS video files

Install and launch the Canon MTS converter and load source MTS clips to it.

Step 2: Choose output format

Click "Format" pull down list to select HD Video -->WMV HD(*.wmv) on the dropdown menu as output format. Besides, you can also choose Divx HD(*.avi) as output if you have not installed the .wmv codec.

Tip - Profile Settings:
In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click "Settings" button and enter "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.

Step 3: Start MTS to Windows Movie Maker conversion

Click "Convert" button to start encoding Canon HF R10/R400/R40 MTS video to AVI/WMV for importing to Windows Movie Maker or Window Live Movie Maker. When the conversion task is finished, click "Open" button to get the exported files and then import the converted MTS files into Movie Maker to do further editing and sharing.

Quote:
********videoeditingusefultools.altervista.org/blog/solve-canon-hf-r10r400r40-windows-movie-maker-compatibility-issues/