CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:02 AM

Cool Does one copy CD-ROMs the same way as DVDs?

sponsored links

I've purchased some Mac Academy CD-ROM video tutorials and would really like to create back-up CD-ROMs so that I can store the originals safely. I'm a newbie, so all I can figure out on my own is to explore the contents of the disc and attempt to copy or drag and drop the files onto a hard drive from there. The problem is that when I open the disc up normally I only get three files. 1) a Notepad file naming the disc chapters and contents...2) a Quicktime installer file... and 3) a file titled "start.exe" that only serves to start the cd-rom up.

I paid a lot for these discs and knowing the clutz that I am, will certainly damage them in the future. I think it's unfair not to be able to copy something I've legitimately paid for.

So, are there specialized programs out there that I can use to crack these puppies and create duplicate CD-ROMs? I've found a lot of DVD duplication programs and am wondering if I need only use those. The video tutorials are split up into chapters, like a DVD is, and I would really like to be able to preserve that format.

I'm writing this on a PC, but will have a MAC G5 delivered by the end of the day (yeah!), so I would appreciate any info sent to be of the MAC variety. My laptop PC (which I'm typing on) does not have the power to copy anything anymore. SIGH...it was a workhorse while it lasted, RIP Vaio.

Thanks for any of your suggestions, have a great day.

Viddie