CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 19, 2002, 02:24 AM

Default Xbox Live, Matrix, and backups

sponsored links

Guys, I have a couple questions regarding using the Xbox Live, Matrix/xodus mod chip, and DVD-R backups:

!)
OK so from what I have gathered from this forum, US Matrix/Xodus users CAN use the Xbox live no problems as long as we HAVENOT doing any modifications to any other hardware (like changing the dashboard on the hardrive).
So this is right, Xodus/Matrix users with the above configuration will have no problems with xbox live?

2)
With that said, can we use backups of our original Xbox live compatible games, like NFL2k3, NHL2k3, Unreal Championship, NBA2k3, Mechwarrior, etc., or can we use only the originals? (i.e. is there a xbox live feature that checks if we are using DVD-R discs....)

Thanks

prime
Old Nov 19, 2002, 11:06 AM
Veteran

if you turn the chip of to run xbox live then how would you get the dvd-r game to boot???
Old Nov 19, 2002, 04:25 PM

prime as I understand it ...

1) XBL detects a mod chip regardless of if any other hardware mods have been made ... so to use XBL you MUST switch off the MOD before you use live

2)As you will have had to switch off the MOD then you can only use originals

HTH
Old Nov 19, 2002, 04:58 PM
Veteran

read that ********xbox-scene.fxp.info/index.php?act=ST&f=21&t=13697
Old Nov 20, 2002, 01:44 AM

Thanks for the link, that really cleared things up. This is the best thread that everyone with questions about Xbox live should check out:

********xbox-scene.fxp.info/index.php?act=ST&f=21&t=13089

So for us Matrix users (or any mod chip users) it seems like the best thign to do is to wait a few days in order to verify IF mod chip detection indeed exists.

There have been reports that some matrix users with mode3 enabled have been able to playonline, but why chance it unless you are willing to spend $200 US on another xbox if you are wrong...
Old Nov 20, 2002, 04:35 PM

Here's another thread specifically for matrix users.

********xbox-scene.fxp.info/index.php?act=ST&f=21&t=13958