CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 03, 2008, 06:43 PM

sponsored links

i searched on google how to do this and found this site to be the most helpfull, it worked fine with my old laptop and i could go on live whenever i wanted. then that laptop broke so i bought this one and couldnt remember how to set it up so i used this site again and it all worked fine, for 1 day, then the next day i tried to connect to live again and it wouldnt allow it, so i checked all the connections and theyre all the same, ive been trying to figure it out ever since but i just cant get it to connect, it still says my IP is the problem. its really been annoying me so i decided to sign up and ask you guys for help, if anyone can think of anything i may have bypassed or something please let me know, or let me know of everything that should be ticked or something, maybe a firewall problem or something i really dont know so any kind of help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
I ran into this last night and the problem was that ICS created this IP address for the host ICS computer but the Netgear wireless router was using 192.168.0.1. You can't have duplicate IP addresses. The solution is to change the IP address of the router. Go into the router configuration menu and under LAN IP Setup change the router's IP to 192.168.2.1. This is what other router makers use.

Changing the routerís IP address to 192.168.2.1 worked for me, and now Iím up and running with Xbox Live.
try this im going to try it now
Old Sep 09, 2008, 12:49 PM

Question

My friend has a laptop with Vista. They connect to an unsecured Netgear router (which as of this moment IS secured..i accessed the router config and added WPA and a password to the router itself. Most likely the person has no idea that their router is broadcasting much less that other people USE their unsecured wireless connection or that someone added security, but thats besides the point).

My xbox 360 is connected to the laptop via cat5e cable and the laptop is using the wireless connection which is bridged to the ethernet port to share access. The xbox connects to Live quickly. When i try to play Halo3 thats where the problem happens.

I expected to get a certain degree of lag due to the unknown quality and congestion of an unsecured router. (which is why i added a WPA key) But the problem isn't lag. I was kicking *** in a game when all of a sudden the game dropped out on me. I thought it was because the owner might have noticed lag or a lot of data transfer and unplugged the router but that wasn't the case, as the laptop still had connectivity.

Could it be because it was run over the laptops bridged wireless adapter-to-ethernet port, the fact that i WASN'T using a crossover cable, or some other reason which causes the xbox live connection to drop out after 5 minutes of play?

This all started out as an experiment to get my xbox online for free but now its turned into a mission for me.

any experiance with this or suggestions/answers are appreciated.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:49 PM

Unhappy MTU Problems

Alright i've read all the steps and done everything but when i test the connection for Xbox live it says that my MTU has failed... Any suggestions of how to fix this problem???
Old Dec 18, 2008, 05:15 PM

Default same problem

i have the same problem as you is there any way i can do this or not
Old Jan 02, 2009, 12:49 PM

Default Connect wirelessly to xbox live through a laptop

Following these instructions it should be possible to connect your xbox 360 wirelessly via a laptop to xbox live:

********howtoconnectwirelesslytoxboxlive.blogspot.c o m