CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 01, 2007, 06:51 PM

sponsored links

the pci ports seem to be operational, i installed a nic card in it, no problems.

its weird that both the onboard sound and the yamaha pci soundcard are both doing the same thing, showing up in device manager with no errors, but not in control panel, im still thinking its an xp error

i have the manual, it just states what each pin on the jumper does, when i got the mobo there were 2 jumpers on the front panel audio aux already, im not sure if they need to be removed or switched around
Old Apr 01, 2007, 10:34 PM

Some boards do somewith jumpers on the audio pins (if you brouht the board new then they should be correct), normally the only problem the audio jumpers create is on some boards once the jumpers are removed and the front audio connecters are connected it will disable the use of the rear line out and mic in ports but this dont effect the way the its set up in windows,

have you tried flashing the BIOS (just incase) and installing the latest firmware for your board!

The device manager can often show that a device is working correctly when it seems not to, normally this tells you the wrong drivers are installed.

Have you tried pointing to the actual .inf driver file for your devices rather then using auto setup installs or find driver from CD as sometimes these do install the wrong drivers, its like my bluetooth dongle every auto install or find driver from CD wizards install the wrong the drivers no matter OS or computer i always have to point to the inf file manually.
Old Apr 02, 2007, 09:44 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

I'm assuming you have Admin privileges and there are no global policies in place?

If it's XP, check the Windows Audio Service (or any other relevant sound service) is enabled.

Also, don't remember if you've tried this, uninstall the sound device from Device Manager and reboot.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:26 AM

Default Compare Prescription Drug Ingredients

Ascessunomono, ********theskinnychannel.com/ - help with my assignment Instead, they can solicit one of many help with homework assignment resources. [url=********theskinnychannel.com/]assignment solutions online
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:04 AM

Default Drugs And The Sixties

cymnannuala, [url=***********.sildenafilonlinesales.com/]order ****** without prescription From what I have heard from other men that I know, the 50mg pills work well enough to achieve an erection. ***********.sildenafilonlinesales.com/ - online ******** ******