CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:50 PM

Default Lost data on hard drive - unusual

sponsored links

Windows 7
3gb memory
2tb Samsung HD204UI hard drive
Radeon HD 5770 gfx
Asus p5ne sli motherboard

Hi all
I have managed to lose data on my 2tb internal hard drive.
I have had virus-like problems - avg not updating, windows update not working, no system restore and other problems.

Then the pc would boot up but the monitor was completely blank no POST - "no signal" on the monitor but I could hear that windows had started.

I eventually took the hard drive out and plugged it into my laptop via usb where I backed up my photos no probs. I ran a virus scan with avg, malwarebytes, superantispyware and spybot s&d all fairly clean.

I swapped my gfx card into my sons machine and it runs fine. I swapped his into mine and the pc booted ok although I had probs uninstalling the radeon drivers and couldn't install the necessary nvidia ones.

Since my laptop was being used and I had an old vista hard drive I thought I would boot into it and have a look at the hard drive.
Vista could only 'see' the hard drive in disk management, and said it wasn't initialised, I initialised it (stupidly in hind sight) and now my drive shows up as 1863.02GB unallocated.
I had it split into 4 partitions and obviously cant see any of them now.

A friend gave me Stellar Phoenix NTFS Data Recovery and it runs for 24 hours plus and then seems to freeze after finding 3 partitions.
I'm not even sure which part of the program to run since I'm not too sure about what I have actually done to lose the data. I have run 'Search Lost Volume' 3 times until it freezes which could be because I try to use the pc...

I thought perhaps I had lost the Master Boot Record and tried Bootsect which is on the windows 7 disc but it didnt work.

Any help of recovering the data - which I didn't actually delete, I don't want to recover deleted data, would be great.

Cheers
Old Nov 26, 2013, 02:59 AM
Veteran

Default Sync iTunes movie to Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 for playback

Sync iTunes movie to Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 for playback

Description: This article shows how to convert/transfer iTunes DRM movie to MP4 for Surface 2, so that you can playback iTunes DRM movie on Surface 2 without format and protection problem.

Q: How can I import my iTunes library of movies into my surface 2?
"I tried copying a movie from my iTunes library to play it on my new Surface RT. I got the error message that it can't play because of an unsupported format. It's in m4V format."

A: "I have the same problem: I can't play iTunes movies on Surface RT, this let me angry. iTunes movies are protecting by DRM. We can't play it on Android or Windows tablet. If I can install iTunes on Surface RT, that's a great thing. But it's a pity now as iTunes does not work with Surface 2. Good luck."

As is mentioned above, movies/videos downloaded from iTunes Store are mostly DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected, so that we cannot playback them anywhere else except authorized computer or idevices. Moreover, iTunes movie are in *.m4v which is not a Surface 2 friendly format.

So how can we playback iTunes DRM movie on Surfaced 2/Pro2?

Software required:

I would like to recommend this iTunes to Surface 2 Converter (Mac users: Mac iTunes to Surface 2 Converter), a professional DRM removal tool to help you roll off DRM protection from iTunes Store movie, and convert them to H.264 MP4 as best format for Surface 2/Pro 2, so that you can watch iTunes purchased videos on Surface 2/Pro 2.

Note: Get more discounts in Money saving bundles

Tutorials: How to transfer iTunes DRM video to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2?

Step 1. Install DRM video to Surface 2 Converter.

Tips: There would be a command window pop up during the installation, pls do not shut down it and let it running until the installation completed.

IMPORTANT:
Note that you shall not launch iTunes until reaching the last step - clicking the "Convert" icon.

Step 2. Add video and choose target format.

Drag and drop your videos to it directly, or you can click icon to import them as below.

Click the drop-down list besides "Format" list, you can find many presets and columns for different devices and programs. Let’s switch to "Windows" column and select "Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)" as the best preset for Surface 2. Or you can enter "Surface" in the small search box at bottom right corner.

Step 3. Adjust specs (Optional).

If you want to customize output video size, bitrate, frame rate and others, just click "Settings" to enter profiles settings window.

Step 4. Start conversion.

Now click the big red icon to start converting iTunes M4V videos to Surface 2/Pro 2; this converter will activate your iTunes automatically and start to play this video. The player windows cannot be removed or closed.

In the meanwhile, it will start to record this video in MP4 real-time. The conversion time is equal to the video length itself; you can do other tasks during the converting the process.

Note: The system volume could turn off temporally during this period; no worries, do not touch it to get perfect DRM removed video.

After the conversion, hit "Open" to quick locate converted videos.

Tips:

1. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.
2. This product cannot convert unplayable video (damaged, unauthorized, etc).

Related Articles:
FAQs: How to watch Blu-ray movies (Folder and ISO files) on Surface 2?
How to transfer MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, WMV, MPG, MTS, FLV/F4V videos to Surface 2?
Tips for Converting DVD movies to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2

Source: ********best-tablet-converter.com/2013/11/21/sync-itunes-to-surface-2-and-surface-pro-2/
Old Nov 28, 2013, 02:57 AM
Veteran

Default Black Friday Hot Deals: Rip DVD to Surface 2 for playing

2013 Black Friday Hot Deals: Rip DVD to Surface 2 for playing

Description: Simplest and most reliable guide to show you how to transfer and watch Thanksgiving DVD movies on Surface 2 with Pavtube DVD Ripper.

Thanksgiving Day is coming. On that day, People give thanks for the blessings they have enjoyed during the year. Thanksgiving Day is usually a family day. People always celebrate with big dinners and happy reunions. Pumpkin pie and Indian pudding are traditional Thanksgiving desserts. Relatives from other cities, students who have been away at school and many other Americans travel a long distance to spend the holiday at home. It is a good recreation to enjoy Thanksgiving movies with your family.

Last year, Microsoft launched Surface as its almost-Windows tablet that almost succeeded in bringing Windows to the tablet form factor. It was as thin as an iPad, it came with a full-size USB port and almost full Office, it had a kickstand to hold it up and you could snap on an amazingly thin keyboard. For Surface 2, Microsoft has tackled a lot of the issues - in hardware and software - as well as improving the spec.

It has a new screen, a new two-position kickstand, USB 3, a faster processor, new keyboards and all the new features of Windows 8.1, from IE 11 to SkyDrive integration to more Snap window sizes. It's still Windows RT, so you can't add extra software to the desktop, but you still get Microsoft Office, and now it includes Outlook.

Have you have the thought of backing up or viewing your Thanksgiving DVD movies on your Surface 2? With our DVD to Surface 2 converter, you can convert DVD movies to Surface 2 mp4 files and played created movies on your Surface 2 smoothly.

First of all, you need download and install a free copy of the best DVD to Surface 2 on your computer.

Note: Please download the DVD to Surface 2 Converter for Mac if you are Mac OS X users, including OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion.[/I]

Then let's go through the whole process of ripping Thanksgiving DVD movie to Surface 2 with best quality.

Step 1. Click this "Load Disc" button to browser to your disc drive and import your source disc.

Tips: You can select the wanted audio track from "Audio" drop-down list and desired subtitles from "Subtitle" tab.

Step 2. Hit the "Format" menu you could choose the suitable profile for Surface 2.

When you cannot find the particular profile for your device from Pavtube DVD Ripper, don't worry, it includes several general presets which are compatible for most Windows products.

Note: You are allowed to set presets to get better video and audio performance on your Surface 2 by clicking "Settings" icon.

Note: Higher Bitrate leads to better video quality in saved file, but it also creates larger video size. Don't forget the balance between video quality and size.

Step 3. Hit the "Convert" icon and start ripping DVD to Surface 2 playable MP4 format. After it finishes, you would get a created MP4 file in output destination. Now you are ready to transfer your DVD movies to Surface 2 and enjoy your Thanksgiving movies there.

Related Articles:
Microsoft Surface Column
Microsoft Surface tablets Video Playback Tips
How to copy Blu-ray movies to Surface 2 for playback easily
Put Blu-ray Folder/ISO to Surface Pro 2 for playback
Transfer MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, WMV, MPG, MTS, FLV/F4V videos to Surface 2
Play iTunes M4V videos on Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2

Source: ********mediaconverting.blogspot.com/2013/11/convert-dvd-to-surface-2-and-surface-pro-2.html

Good News! Pavtube Black Friday Giveaway 2013 Going On Now! Come to play Sudoku and earn $30 Amazon gift card and extra coupons for any Pavtube products.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:12 AM
Veteran

Default Surface 2 Video Converter-Convert SD/HD Videos to Surface 2 on Windows 8.1/8

Surface 2 Video Converter-Convert SD/HD Videos to Surface 2 on Windows 8.1/8

Summary: Surface 2 HD Videos and Movies Playback solution - Just Convert MKV, VOB, Divx AVI, Tivo, WMV, MTS, MXF, M2TS, FLV, F4V, 3GP, M4V to Surface 2 video format. Then transfer converted video to Surface 2 for playing. Following is this full guide.

The Surface 2 equipped with 10.6 inches 1920*1080 display, and it has 32GB or 64GB version, so it is great to copy videos or music to Surface 2 for playback. Surface 2 runs windows RT operating system, the video formats supported by Surface 2 is limited. Let's take a look at Surface 2 supported file types:

So you can't play MKV, VOB, Divx AVI, Tivo, WMV, MTS, MXF, M2TS, FLV, F4V, 3GP, etc. videos on Surface 2 directly. Well, how can we play MKV, VOB, MPG, Tivo, MTS, FLV/f4v on Surface 2? there is an easy way to fix the issues. The best way is to convert these Videos and Movies into Surface 2 compatible format like MP4 format. Pavtube Surface 2 Video Converter is your best choice. It has easy quick interface, and great final file quality. (Mac users: Surface 2 Video Converter for Mac.)

Now you can follow the easy steps below to convert various videos/movies to Surface 2 support format for playback.

Fistly download and install the right vertion:

(Note: free download a dmg file for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard users.)

Step 1. Load video files.

After downloading, install and run the Surface 2 Video Converter on your PC, then click "Add videos" or "Add from folder" to import your source videos. Pavtube Surface 2 Video Converter support batch conversion.

Note: when load tivo file to Pavtube Video Converter, The program will ask you to enter you Media Access Key, Do as the program requires, and then click ok to continue.

2. Choose H.264(*.mp4) as Surface 2 most compatible format.

Click "Format" bar and you can easily find the optimized videos for Surface 2 under Windows > Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly.

Tip: If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. According to my experience, the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa. For watching HD videos on Surface 2, 720p with 2000~2500kbps is just all right.

When the above mentioned steps finished you can click the big red "Convert" to start converting MKV, AVI, VOB, MPG, Tivo, WMV, MTS, M4V, FLV/F4V to Surface 2 MP4 at fast speed with CUDA/AMD acceleration technology support.

Note: Before the conversion, you can edit your videos by trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, inserting subtitles and more to get the exact effect and feel you want. (Click the "Edit" button to open the video editing window, where you can perform the operations.)

After the conversion, click "Open output folder" in conversion window or "Open" in main interface to get the generated mp4 files and transfer them to your Surface 2 for joy. Enjoy!

Is it very easy and convenient? In this way, you can also converting MKV, VOB, MPG, Tivo, MTS, FLV/F4V videos to iPad Air, iPhone 5S/5C, iPad 3, Galaxy Tab 3, Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, etc.

Related Articles:
Watch Blu-ray movies (Folder and ISO files) on Surface 2
How to transfer DVD to Surface Pro 2 without DVD drive?
Convert DVD ISO/IFO images to Surface 2 & Surface Pro 2 with multi-track MP4
Play iTunes M4V videos on Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2
Put/Play Digital Copy on Surface 2, Surface Pro 2
Remove DRM and Record Amazon WMV Videos to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2

Tips:

1. To enjoy all the HD videos, Blu-ray movies and DVDs on your Surface 2, a professional all-in-one program is the key. Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is highly recommended here with its easy, clear and impressive features. If you are running a Mac OS X computer, iMedia Converter Mac is the definite option. (Now both are 20% off on Pavtube Thanksgiving Promotion 2013 column, it will be expired on Dec. 10, 2013.)

2. Good News for Sudoku Game users! Play Sudoku! Earn $30 Amazon gift card, Free or Up to 50% off PavtubeBlu-ray/DVD/Video/DRM Converter for Winners on Pavtube Black Friday Sales & Deals 2013!! It will be expired on Dec. 2, 2013! Time-Limited! Rush to Buy!

Source: ********device-camcorder-tips.blogspot.com/2013/11/convert-sd-hd-videos-to-suface-2.html
Old Jan 10, 2014, 01:55 AM
Veteran

Default Copy/Transfer/Play DVD movies on Galaxy Tab 3 for watching

Copy/Transfer/Play DVD movies on Galaxy Tab 3 for watching

Summary:Want to copy DVD contents to Galaxy Tab 3? How to remove DVD protection and playback DVD on Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0? This DVD to Galaxy Tab 3 converter is highly recommended to help easily remove commercial DVD protection and output MP4 videos for freely playback.

Those of you Sammy stans out there will be excited at the fact that the newest additions to the Galaxy Tab family have been outed for your viewing pleasure. Thanks to the studs at Moveplayer, we now know what the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 will look like, as well as some additional details regarding the specs of each device.

According to the site, the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 will come with an 8-inch WXGA (1280 x 800) TFT-LCD display and dual-core 1.5Ghz processor, 1.5GB of RAM and Android 4.2.2 on-board; the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 on the other hand, will likely feature a similar spec sheet— while also addition the expectation of coming in no less than 3 variants and will measure in at 243.1 x 176.1 x 7.95 mm.

Maybe you also decide to preorder a Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1 inch or 8.0 inch) but don’t know how to watch your DVDs on it without limitation. However, Samsung Galaxy Tab does not carry a disc drive so that DVDs are not supported directly. Besides, most commercial DVDs are encrypted by film studio so that they cannot be copied. Though we are facing these difficulties, it’s still not an impossible task for watching DVDs on Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0.

What we need:?

DVD Ripper tool –Pavtube DVD Ripper (Mac users: DVD Ripper for Mac) - a top and all-in-one DVD Ripping program to help you remove DVD protection and convert DVD to Galaxy Tab 3 support format. (Now is 30% off, save $10.5)

Read more:

* Review: Get Top 5 Best DVD Ripper Programs For You

* DVD to Android-Rip DVD movies to Android Phone/Tablet

System requirements:

Windows

Operating System: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
DirectX Version: 9.0 or above
Memory: 64MB at least
Processor: 500MHz Intel or 500MHz AMD CPU
Hard Disc Space: 512MB or above
Optical Drive: DVD drive(BD drive is required for ripping DVD disc)

Mac

1G Hz or above Intel processor.
Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9)
512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
1024*768 or higher resolution display.
Optical Drive: DVD drive(BD drive is required for ripping DVD disc)

Follow this guide to quick learn:

How to convert DVDs to Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1/8.0)?

Step 1: Load DVD movie to the DVD to Galaxy Tab 3 Converter.

Insert your DVD movie to disc drive, and click "Load Disc" button on Pavtube DVD Ripper interface to load DVD from ROM; it also support importing DVD ISO and DVD folder.

Step 2: Select video format.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 supported video formats: H.263, H.264, MPEG4, WMV, DivX.

Here we select MP4 with H.264 codec for Galaxy Tab 3. Click the Format drop-down list, and select "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Video(*.mp4)" from Samsung category.

Tips:

1. If you have special requirements on target video, click "Settings" to customize video size, bitrate, frame rate and sample rate.

2: If you also want to enjoy Blu-ray/DVD movies to 3D videos for playback, trying Pavtube Bytecopy (Win/Mac), which can help you to backup your BD/DVD keeping original subtitle streams and convert latest Blu-ray and DVD movies to any other formats like MP4/MOV with multi-track audios , refer to Reviews of ByteCopy.

Step 4. Ripping DVD to MP4 for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0.

Click the red "Convert" button to start ripping DVD to H.264/MPEG-4 MP4 for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0. When it finishes, click the "Open Output Folder" icon to quick locate the converted video.

Once get the converted videos, just copy and dump them to Galaxy Tab 3 via USB. Then you are ready to play DVD movies on Galaxy Tab 3 freely.

Transfer video files from PC to Galaxy Tab 3 with Kies

Related Tips:

Convert Blu-ray movie for watch on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Can Galaxy Tab 3 play MKV, AVI, WMV, M4V, Tivo, VOB, FLV video
Rip Blu-ray Blu-ray ISO contents to Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/8.0
How to copy Amazon Instant Video on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Get the digital copy of Blu-ray or DVD to work on Galaxy Tab 3
How to play iTunes DRMed movies on Galaxy Tab 3

View 2013 Christmas Specials to earn more coupons.

From: ********video-tips.jimdo.com/2013/10/29/watch-dvd-movies-on-galaxy-tab-3/
Old Jan 25, 2014, 01:42 AM
Veteran

Default Backup Blu-ray to WDTV with keeping chapter and DTS audio

Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV for playback on WD TV with chapter marker and DTS audio

Description: A brief guide of how to lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV format, so that you can play Blu-ray movies on WDTV with chapter markers and DTS audio as original.

If you want to enjoy the Blu-ray movie on your HD TV via WD TV, you need the help of a professional Blu-ray to WD TV Ripper to assist you to rip your Blu-ray disc to WD TV supported video formats. What’s more, I’d prefer to keep the original V/A settings without quality loss, the chapter markers so I can skip viewing easily, and the most important original DTS audio.

Pavtube ByteCopy, as the Blu-ray to WD TV Converter pro, which can help you rip any Blu-ray movie to WD TV HD video and general video formats. Now I will show you how to lossless backup your Blu-ray to WD TV. Mac version is available here: Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac; well support Mac Mavericks!

Download a trial before purchase; or you can get 20% OFF any Pavtube programs by sharing to FB.

How to stream Blu-ray to WDTV with chapter info and DTS audio

Step 1. Launch Pavtube ByteCopy, click "Load files(s)" to import Blu-ray disc, ISO/IFO files, and BD/DVD folder.

Step 2. Choose "HD Media Player>Multi-track WDTV in "Format" drop-down list as the lossless preset for WDTV.

Step 3. Adjust video/Audio settings. Click "Settings" in the main interface, you will find three tabs for Video, Audio and Subtitles. In the Video tab, uncheck "Encode" to output MKV file without quality loss.

(If you check the "Encode", it will output MKV files compressed with H.264 or Xvid)

Then switch to Audio tab, choose wanted audio tracks and uncheck "Encode" to get DTS audio.

Step 4. Start Conversion.

Start backing up Blu-ray movie to lossless MKV for WDTV, all the chapter markers will be save and Pavtube ByteCopy will take the rest. After the conversion, click "Open" to quick find converted videos.

Simply copy the output MKV file to your USB device, connect the USB device to your WDTV and choose to video to playback.

Money saving bundles:

Related articles:

Convert uncompressed Animation Codec to iPad with subtitles
Remultiplex Blu-ray/DVDs without re-encoding Audio and Video streams
How to play collected BD/DVD movies online through WD My Cloud?
How to backup Blu-ray/DVD movies to NAS and play on HTPC
How to View Blu-ray movies on projector via WDTV

From: ********movievideoconvertertips.altervista.org/play-blu-ray-movies-on-wdtv/

Tags
lost data hd204ui samsung