CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 24, 2014, 03:41 AM

Default Windows 8 recovery Image

sponsored links

Hi...I installed windows 8 on grandson's laptop which only had ONE PARTITION ....."C:/" !.
After windows was up and running as I wanted it, I used the windows 8 facility, shrunk the HD (C: drive) and made a new partition to image my now working operating system.
This went ok. I then made a bootable recover usb.
I thought I'd test my back up so I booted from the USB stick and tried to recover / restore using the image I'd just made.
I got a message saying this was not possible as image holding partition was different from the target partition?
i.e. one was BIOS and the other EFI ????
What have I done wrong and how can I get round this please?
Grandson is constantly clogging his HD with crap on the internet and I need a quick way of re imaging his laptop for him.

Thank You.