CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 18, 2002, 08:09 PM

Default -=System Crashing=-

sponsored links

Hey,

Windows XP Professional was just recently installed on my computer and everything is up and running except for the video card. It is a GeForce 2 MX (?), but the latest drivers we download don't seem to work. The problem is, when we go to play Medal of Honor:Allied Assault, Spearhead, the system crashes. It just freezes, and there is a constant/continuous beep from the sound device. I imagine it is the same with all other games, this just happens to be the one we've tried.

We've tried every single driver possible for the video card - including the latest ones from nVidia (XP Drivers), Leadtek (GF2 MX drivers), and I think some from VIA.

Is it a problem with the voltage? Any ideas? If you require more specs, I'm sure I can find them out. Any assistence would be great, as I really really want to play this game!

CPU: Duron 1.3ghz
Memory: 512mb RAM
Motherboard: Not sure? It has "AZIIEA" on it though.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:22 PM

I would like to add the following occurs in the XP Event Viewer. The errors always relate to IPNATHLP

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ipnathlp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 31012
Date: 21/11/2002
Time: 2:16:20 p.m.
User: N/A
Computer: ANDREW
Description:
The DNS proxy agent encountered an error while obtaining the local list of name-resolution servers. Some DNS or WINS servers may be inaccessible to clients on the local network. The data is the error code.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at ********go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: e8 00 00 00 ...

And this one...:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ipnathlp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 32003
Date: 21/11/2002
Time: 2:04:19 p.m.
User: N/A
Computer: ANDREW
Description:
The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at ********go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 1f 00 00 00 ....
Old Dec 06, 2002, 08:43 AM

Default could be the cpu

i had that problem before mate, only with the RADEON 9000 and an Athlon XP +1600, Windows XP PRO. the xp +1600 clock speed is about 1394 Mhz, when i tried playing any game with that speed it crashed everytime.
so i fixed this by decreasing the cpu's speed in the bios to about 1Ghz. i never had a problem since then. and besides there aren't many games that require over 1Ghz cpu.
check the motherboard's VGA drivers as well,make sure u have the latest ones, u never know!
hope this helps
Old Dec 15, 2002, 11:47 PM

I am having similiar problems with my PC and video card.

I have a serious issue w/ my graphics card or AGP port when I am playing games. When I use my PC for day to day things such as web browsing, working with Excel or Word, listening to music, etc. everything is fine. Ocassioanly my PC will reset on its own and when it comes back, the error report says it has to do with device drive but can't give any specifics. This does not happen very often.

The real problem I am having is when I try to play games on my PC. Everything installs fine and the game starts to run OK, but soon after the game begins, my screen will go black, my monitor goes in to power saving mode, and my PC locks up. I need to restart my PC so that I can use it again.

I have tried using the various different drivers for my graphics card, and I have updated the drivers for my AGP port, but nothing seemed to help. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone help me?

Here are the specs of my PC:
ECS P4S5A Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz CPU
eVGA GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128 MB video card
1 GB PC133 SDRAM

If you need more of the specs, just let me know.

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2002, 05:26 PM

When I first upgraded to WinXP...I had crashes in every 3D game I played.
So I went back to Win ME...no problems.
I decided a couple of weeks later to try again.
I had the same problems.
So, I went back to Win ME.
A few weeks later I got mad and said this isn't going to beat me, after I spent the money to buy it.
So on the third install it worked fine.
I don't know what if anything I did different.
Then awhile back I install SP1.
Nothing but crashes after that.
So I bought Norton system works.
It found about 60 errors on my computer.
I let it auto fix.
I've been trouble free ever since.