CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 07, 2003, 05:11 PM

Default No Halo 2 for 2003

sponsored links

Bungie reveals that the much anticipated sequel to Halo won't make it to stores this year.

Bungie, the developer of Halo for Xbox, has updated its official site with news that Halo 2 will not be released in 2003.
"This game is a vast undertaking, considerably more complex than any of our previous efforts, and there is just no way to squeeze all of the necessary work into this calendar year. We know many of you were hoping to get your hands on Halo 2 during the holiday season, and we're sorry to disappoint you - but making this game as good as we possibly can is our paramount concern," said a Bungie representative. "Microsoft understands and supports our decision, and we hope you will too. Our ultimate goal is to make Halo 2 a great game; when the game comes out next year, we think you'll agree we made the right choice."

The company also stated that it plans to give a brief glimpse of Halo 2 at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo to be held in Los Angeles in mid-May.
Old Mar 09, 2003, 12:00 PM
Veteran

Perhaps I'm being cynical but is this decision because the original Halo title is still selling so well?

It makes sense for them to milk the first title for all they can before they release the next (similar to the way Nintendo milked the Gamboy to death before releasing the Gameboy Advance.)

It's a very astute business decision!
Old Mar 09, 2003, 02:25 PM
Veteran

Not really I have seen several people over at xbox-scene who are giving in and going and buying the PS2 because they have been waiting around for some additional titles with awesome gameplay and the line-up for this year isn't looking too hot. Microsoft really needs to get on the ball on putting out more games with better gameplay. I own both systems (My XBOX is modded and my PS2 isn't) and I find it much easier to find selections with good gameplay on the PS2. XBOX has some awesome games and definitely has great potential but so far they don't seem to be using much of it.
Old Mar 09, 2003, 02:39 PM
Veteran

Thats good, they have more time to make it a better game, didn't it take 4 years to make halo 1?, I 'm sure they will use the same engine though.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 03:39 AM

4 years!. try closer to 8 or 9. halo originally started as a mcintosh title back in about 1994. back then bungie were an independent mac only developer and released a series of games called marathon. they took doom and advanced it to a whole new level. it is often the forgotten link of fps games. marathon was the first game to use advanced computer ai, the mouse for targetting compared to the point and the weapon will move up/down automatically in doom. the games were huge and came with forge and anvil. forge was used to make new weapons, sounds and other in game objects while anvil was the first publically released bone fida level editor. bungie ruled and so ms bought them out. without bungie and halo on xbox release, the xbox would really have struggled to establish itself.

yoshi
Old Mar 10, 2003, 05:08 AM

well said yoshi halo is the only game most everybody wanted to buy an xbox for. By the way i just got finished playing hot pursuit 2 for thr xbox and it is a sorry *** game compared to the ps2 version, it sucks.