CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:51 PM

Default any ideas help plz

sponsored links

Hi troops I have 2 optical drives on my pc one dvd rom and one dvd R/W I recently did a reinstall dvd rom drive ok pioneer dvd r/w will not work.
strange because I used it to install windows so I know its working.

It is recognised in the bios and in windows.and in device manager. Have installed latest drivers and firmware. still no joy oh its a pioneer 109.

Have also uninstalled in device manager rebooted is recognised but still wont work. any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance bob
Old Sep 23, 2007, 06:23 AM

cracked it writer was cream crackerd thanks anyway
Old May 31, 2012, 10:09 PM

Never use Windows Update for hardware drivers. It's a hit and miss affair and can install the wrong drivers.

Uninstall all your audio drivers completely. You may have to manually do so. Do not leave any behind.

Remove your PCI soundcard, then go to PcChips' website and download the latest compatible motherboard/chipset drivers and install them.

Install the sound card, preferably to a different PCI slot. (Depending on which card you are using. If it's onboard, obviously ignore this step) (I'd try onboard first)

Check it's enabled in the Bios and onboard is disabled (only if it's a PCI card), then go to desktop and install the sound card drivers. (See if C-Media have any updated drivers for your model onboard)

[url=***********.gafas-desols.com/]gafas Oakley