CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 21, 2008, 07:58 PM

Exclamation won't read a disc

sponsored links

Hey,
Bought a new G15 keyboard and was trying to install the installation disc but when I put it in, it starts to read the disc but then nothing will happen... infact it kind of crashes the comp?... when you go into my computer it shows all the drives, and the cdrw/dvdrw. do i need to update the driver or something? thx, Tara
Old Dec 21, 2008, 09:00 PM
Veteran

Have you tried this disk in another comp to see if it can be read without crashing ?.

You don't say if the comp this is happening on is XP or Vista, if vista , make sure that the keyboards drivers are compatable with vista.

No drivers are needed for CDRW/DVDRW drives, in fact you wont find any.

Firmware yes, but this is a last resort as they can render the drive unusable.

I have not come across this before that the driver install disk is crashing the comp.

Does this keyboard give you a minimum speck on the system it can be installed on, as it could be that the system you have just cant hack it, unusual though.

One last thing, have you got another keyboard that needs drivers installed for it ?, if so it could be that this needs uninstalling first, as there could be a conflict and its this thats causing the comp to crash.

colin.

Last edited by chandler68; Dec 21, 2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:33 AM

tried it on a computer with xp and it worked just fine. The computer we are trying to put it on is a vista one. System requirements PC with Pentium processor or compatible (We have AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad Core Processor 2.30 GHz), 256MB RAM (we have 4 gigs) cd-rom drive (cdrw/dvdrw) USB port (check) and Windows XP or Windows Vista (Vista).

The thing is the previous keyboard was an older Logitech G15, and the software for that one I believe is still on there. Should I uninstall it and see if it fixes the problem? (our old keyboard got wrecked so I had to buy a new one, they are both similiar (G15's) but the newer one has a different design and possibly different upgrades to it. so it will probably be best to get the recent software on the computer. don't know what else to tell ya. Thanks for the response
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:52 PM
Veteran

Yes you should uninstall the old drivers before you try to install new hardware, this goes for graphics cards as well as keyboards.

Make sure you have removed all the drivers for the older keyboard, and any of the new keyboard drivers that may have been copied when you tried to install the drivers in the first place.

You say that it will install to an XP system, but it needs to be tried on a Vista system, just to prove if it's your comp or a problem with the drivers install disk.

colin.