CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:50 PM

Default Lost data on hard drive - unusual

Windows 7
3gb memory
2tb Samsung HD204UI hard drive
Radeon HD 5770 gfx
Asus p5ne sli motherboard

Hi all
I have managed to lose data on my 2tb internal hard drive.
I have had virus-like problems - avg not updating, windows update not working, no system restore and other problems.

Then the pc would boot up but the monitor was completely blank no POST - "no signal" on the monitor but I could hear that windows had started.

I eventually took the hard drive out and plugged it into my laptop via usb where I backed up my photos no probs. I ran a virus scan with avg, malwarebytes, superantispyware and spybot s&d all fairly clean.

I swapped my gfx card into my sons machine and it runs fine. I swapped his into mine and the pc booted ok although I had probs uninstalling the radeon drivers and couldn't install the necessary nvidia ones.

Since my laptop was being used and I had an old vista hard drive I thought I would boot into it and have a look at the hard drive.
Vista could only 'see' the hard drive in disk management, and said it wasn't initialised, I initialised it (stupidly in hind sight) and now my drive shows up as 1863.02GB unallocated.
I had it split into 4 partitions and obviously cant see any of them now.

A friend gave me Stellar Phoenix NTFS Data Recovery and it runs for 24 hours plus and then seems to freeze after finding 3 partitions.
I'm not even sure which part of the program to run since I'm not too sure about what I have actually done to lose the data. I have run 'Search Lost Volume' 3 times until it freezes which could be because I try to use the pc...

I thought perhaps I had lost the Master Boot Record and tried Bootsect which is on the windows 7 disc but it didnt work.

Any help of recovering the data - which I didn't actually delete, I don't want to recover deleted data, would be great.

Cheers

Tags
lost data hd204ui samsung