CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 24, 2002, 02:04 PM

Default Anti-mod

sponsored links

While surfing another site.... I found this info

Playing an anti-modchip game using a game enhancer
If you have been trying to play a backup/import on your Playstation and have been coming across either one of these screens:

[img]********sadbuttru.tripod.com/protected_us.jpg[/img]

Familiar to anyone?

then the backup/import you are trying to play has an anti-modchip scheme. The first thing you should do in this case (NO, DO NOT CALL THE PHONE NUMBER ON THE SCREEN is check the Game Enhancer Codes That Defeat Anti-Modchip Schemes section of this website for unlock codes posted for your particular game by following the link on that page. If there are no codes available for your particular game, then there is another method of playing the anti-modchip copy/import you are trying to play, but it involves proper timing and technique to get it just right. The user should first load the backup/import as described above, and note where exactly the error screen comes up in the loading cycle. After this is noted in the user's mind, the user should then restart his/her Playstation and once again load the backup/import as described above. Make sure to leave the tray's lid open before pressing the "O" button on "Start Game" . Here's where the timing and technique come into play. The user should then place him/herself with his/her right hand holding any original Sony Playstation disc and the left hand ready to remove the spinning disc in the tray. In the loading process, just before the error screen comes up, the user should quickly remove the spinning disc and replace it with any original Sony Playstation disc. The original Sony Playstation disc should start spinning, fluctuating speeds off and on. After about five seconds, the original cd in the drive will stop fluctuating speeds and maintain an even, uniform spin. The user should then once again quickly remove the spinning disc and replace it with the backup/import he/she is trying to load. If all goes well, the game should start up normally. Try not to get frustrated as it takes some timing and practice to get it just right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than using a code....has anyone tried this swap disc method, and does it work ??

Thanks !

~Kev
Old Jan 24, 2002, 10:20 PM
Veteran

That is such a crock of $hi*! Yes, it's true that there are codes that defeat chip detection, they're readily available from several sites. The other method is known as the swap trick. The main point of the swap trick is to play a backup without the use of a modchip/plugmod/bootdisc, so the method they describe isn't all that useful, when you already have a mod. However, you will have to use the swap trick on some multi-disc games when your mod is a plug or a disc, but that's a whole other story. There is one other method, patching. You can find patches for several different uses at www.megagames.com, there is usually a patch that takes care of protection/detection for those users who don't have older modchips, as well as trainers(cheats) and video output patches (PAL->NTSC & vice versa).
Old Jan 25, 2002, 06:07 PM

The swap DOES work. No need for a code.

It would work without a 'game enhancer', it's just that you get the first swap for free with one.
Old Jan 26, 2002, 10:22 AM
Veteran

I have tried the swap method with my PSOne and it worked perfectly. Me PSOne is not modded and I use my Gameshark CDX to boot games with a single swap.
Old Jan 26, 2002, 11:52 AM
Veteran

Ok, I misunderstood, when I read "game enhancer" I was thinking "plugmod/ps-x-change", but yes you can use something like the GameShark CD for a boot using the swap method.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 01:28 AM
Veteran

If you have a mod chip and can't find a patch or don't want to patch, you can use Import Player to boot anti mod games You can get it at megagames as well.