CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 21, 2003, 07:15 PM

Unhappy CD ROM Dosen't read some CD's [233; Intel???; win98]

sponsored links

Ok I need some help to diagnose a cd rom problem. I burn cd's, mostly files, sometimes make copies of other cd's. Now if i burn on a cr-rw disk, no problem, if i burn the same data on a cd-r disk it will not read on my cd-rom, which is a teac, model 532E-B. Approx 5 years old. If I put a store bought cd in the drive, it reads ok. Any software, or game I have purchased from the store will operate fine.
Now I found some older cd-r's that I had burned a few years ago and tried them in the CD-Rom and they are detected and read fine. Which leads me to believe the burner is the problem.
I also took the CD-R disks that would not read on my reader to a friends computer and they read fine. Now I believe the reader is the problem... Any help would be greatly appreated I do not wish to buy 2 drives, because of my stupidity!!!!!!!
Ray
Old Feb 27, 2003, 06:49 PM

I have the very same problem. Exactly. Can't help much yet but Promise to come back with any info for you.I have the very same symptoms and almost gave up but when I try my cdrw in XP it works fine.And one other thing, my cdrw cw-7586 is only a year old.Sry can't help but someone here will.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 04:37 PM

I also have a similar problem. If you get it sorted can you give me any help? ta!
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:08 PM

Well not sure yet what it was but mine works now.I have a Matshita CW-7586.It installed with a standard cd-rom driver.So i changed it to a
Standard ATAPI cd-rom speed driver.It worked.The cdr I inserted was soldier of fortune 2.It recognized it.But in front of my eyes i seen 5 folders pop up on C: I checked and found these car.viv files in each.I thought they came from SoF2 game I just inserted but,They were from the last game I played before the cdrw failed.Need 4 Speed 3.New cars you get when you beat the level.Somehow they must have been stuck in memory or something.Not sure yet how and why but everything works great now.
Hope that this info helps somehow.I will be back if I find out more.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 12:59 AM

I HAVE A ACER CD BURNER, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO BURN /CDS OFF THE INTERNET, THANKS
Old Mar 15, 2003, 01:35 AM
Veteran

@KERRY WOODARD, I already warned you about this. Stop hijacking peoples threads or you will find yourself unable to post.