CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 22, 2003, 08:36 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default bad laser or bad install?

sponsored links

V3 messiah 2, boots cd-r fine. dvd-r the screen goes black as if its just about to display "playstation 2" but instead goes onto the browser screen and says ps2 disc (a gold one, so it knows its a dvd) any ideas?? ive ran a lens cleaning disc though it no difference.

i dont think its had that much use, the heatsink wasnt stuck to the bottom of the board like they usually are.

shall i open it up, or shall i put it down to a bad laser??

PS, would having one diode cause this, or does that cause the red screen?

Nick
Old Feb 22, 2003, 10:57 AM
Veteran

Sounds like a bad install mate. Check especially the bios points, it could be that one is the wrong way round ( wrong point A-B e.t.c... )

I've had a similair fault on a machine myself and it was just a crossed point. Cd's booted fine.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Feb 26, 2003, 04:30 AM

Yep, as spagoll says, check them points, also clean around with some flux cleaner or check for dry joints. Make sure you are using some flux or solder paste.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 03:37 PM
Veteran

Definitely a bad install, check out the points. I am assuming that you have already tried playing PS2 originals as well?