CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 29, 2002, 09:18 AM

sponsored links

nono u guys the kid wants to totally remove it..go to control panel>add remove programs> add/remove windows components. and then unclick the Windows messanger box and lick ok
Old Apr 29, 2002, 09:33 AM

Nice try njps2, but windows xp has a way to hide the windows messanger...therefore, it cannot be done through control panel....I'll follow the instructions from the other guys when i get home thanx... i'll let you guys know

also, I heard that there is a way to remove it through the registry ,is that true??
Old Apr 29, 2002, 03:38 PM
suspended

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by salsaholik [/i]
[B]Nice try njps2, but windows xp has a way to hide the windows messanger...therefore, it cannot be done through control panel....I'll follow the instructions from the other guys when i get home thanx... i'll let you guys know

also, I heard that there is a way to remove it through the registry ,is that true?? [/B]
Yes, I gave you the [B]exact[/B] way of removing it safely from Win XP in my earlier post.

Try it, it works. Trust me.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 05:53 PM
Veteran

If you want to completely remove it, Lazza gave you the remove string for the registry editor, if you to keep it but not in startup folder, Rogermoore, gave you the best solution, at least that way you can use it in future when needed, so just untick the box, and it wont load everytime windows start.

Regards
Old Apr 29, 2002, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the help, I followed lazza instructions, but did not prompt me to restart, but i don't see it no more, so i guess it finally worked...thx