CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:07 AM

Default Mac Transfer/Import Canon XF305 MXF clips to FCP for editing

sponsored links

[img]***********.brorsoft.com/images/how-to/mxf/import-canon-xf305-mxf-to-fcp-mac.gif[/img]

Some users asked me how to import or transfer MXF clips from Canon XF305 to Final Cut Pro for editing on your Mac.

[b]I got Canon XF305 recently and it output MPEG-2 MXF files. I tried to import the MXF videos to Final Cut Pro, but it did not recognized. Any suggestions? I'm new to Mac and I take tons of videos of the kids and I do not want to switch back to my old PC(which can't process HD movies without skipping them). Thanks in advance![/b]

Canon XF305 is a professional Camcorder and it is recorded in MXF format. As we know, MXF is not a good editing format, so XF305 users will meet some trouble when transfer Canon XF305 files to Mac for editing. Final Cut Pro is a perfect video editing software, it is a pity that it only can surpport Apple ProRes well. So if you want to [b][url=***********.brorsoft.com/mxf-converter-mac/index.html]edit Canon XF305 MXF with FCP[/b] on Mac, you may have to change the MXF to Apple ProRes, the most compatible format for Final Cut Pro.

In that case, we recommend the best [b][url=***********.brorsoft.com/mxf-converter-mac/index.html]Canon MXF to FCP Converter[/b] that allows you to transcode MXF files to FCP favorable codec ProRes on Mac easily with the preset profile for iMovie/FCE. It can preserve the original video quality during converting without quality loss.

[b]Guide: Convert/Transcode Canon XF305 MXF to FCP ProRes on Mac[/b]

Step 1: After the installation of the [url=***********.brorsoft.com/mxf-converter-mac/index.html]Mac MXF to MOV Converter, you can launch it and import your MXF files to it.
Tip: To join multiple MXF files into one file for easier editing in FCP, please tick the "Merge into one" box.

Step 2: Click on the “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu and then select Final Cut Pro > Apple PreRes 422(HQ), if you give the priority to the quality of the output videos.
Tip: To get a perfect output video for editing in FCP, please click the Setting icon to do some audio/video settings. Here you’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality. (For original 50i/25p MXF video, frame rate should be in 25fps.)

Step 3: Click Edit button and you can [b]deinterlace Canon 1080i MXF footages[/b] for FCP via checking the “Deinterlacing” box in the Video Editor interface.

[img]***********.brorsoft.com/images/how-to/mxf/deinterlace-p2-mxf-to-fcp-mac.gif[/img]

Step 4: Click “Convert” button to start the [b] Canon XF305 MXF to Apple ProRes[/b] for Final Cut Pro conversion for Mac OS X.

[img]***********.brorsoft.com/images/how-to/mxf/steps-convert-p2-mxf-to-fcp-mac.gif[/img]

When conversion complete, you can get the .mov videos from the output folder. Then it’s available for you to [b][url=***********.brorsoft.com/how-to/import-canon-xf305-mxf-to-imovie-mac.html]copy/edit Canon XF305 MXF clips in FCP[/b] on Mac without any trouble.

Related guides:

[url=***********.brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-canon-xf305-to-imovie-mac.html]Edit Canon XF305 1080i MXF in iMovie on Mac

[url=***********.brorsoft.com/how-to/import-xf105-1080i-mxf-to-fcp7-mac.html]Import Canon XF105 1080i MXF to FCP on Mac

[url=***********.brorsoft.com/how-to/import-canon-xf300-1080i-mxf-files-to-fcp7-without-xf-plug-ins.html]Import Canon XF300 MXF Files to FCP 7

[url=***********.brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-xf100-to-imovie.html]Convert Canon XF100 1080p MXF to AIC for iMovie

[url=***********.brorsoft.com/how-to/import-canon-xf100-mxf-files-to-fcp-x.html]Import Canon XF100 MXF files to FCP X

[url=***********.brorsoft.com/how-to/edit-sony-ex3-mxf-in-windows-movie-maker.html]Import PMW-EX3 MXF footages to Windows Movie Maker for editing

[url=********brorsoft.com/how-to/import-canon-mxf-footages-to-imovie-mac.html]Converting/Deinterlacing 1080i MXF to AIC for iMovie