CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:53 AM

Default Unrecognized Toshiba External HD

Hello,

Could someone please help me?

I have an 80GB Toshiba external hard drive (though on the box it's written as Toshiba Mobile Hard Drive, hope it's the same since I did ask for external HD)

I had it now for 4 months and was working just fine, but now it stoped working I usually transfer files from my laptop to my computer, so when I need it to do so today, I unplugged the mouse cable (had a usb-hub before but the HD wont recognize it, yet another problem) and plugged the HD usb cable, a red light was one and that was it, I couldn't see the green light on, nor the folder popping-up, the HD drive wasn't recognized in my computer either, I restarted my laptop twice and shut it down once still not working, so I tried connecting it into my computer this time and it also stoped working there.

Bottomline the HD stoped working on both my laptop and computer.

I googled around and it seems that by uninstalling the device driver will do the trick, the thing is I dunno which one I should remove, I kept looking for one that has the name Toshiba in it but with no luck, I did this while having the HD unplugged because when I plugged so that I can atleast see it's name in device manger, system manger won't open at all, I viewied the hidden devices, changed the usb ports, still nothing worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS: LapTop = Windows XP SP 2 - Computer = Windows XP SP 1

Last edited by Hikari; Jun 14, 2007 at 09:11 AM.