CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 05, 2003, 11:40 AM

Default Copy a site for offline browsing?

sponsored links

Sometimes I do copy a complet site or a part of it using a software called "teleport pro"
***********.tenmax.com/teleport/pro/support.htm

My problem is that when I try to copy that to a cd Rom using the "nero" , it can not do that properly , and I can not do offline browsing as it is possible on the harddisk.
Even in the support page of the "teleport" it is written that it is not suitable to do that .

(((Q: Can I make CD copies of sites with Teleport Pro?
A: Although Teleport Pro isn't designed for making CDs, you can sometimes copy the project folder to a CD and it will work. Be sure to turn ON the Link Localization option on the Project Properties, Browsing/Mirroring page. Also, you will usually want to turn OFF the option for preserving directory structures -- most CD file systems cannot handle complicated directory structures. Finally, after the project is run so that a copy is on your hard drive, you must copy the project folder EXACTLY to the CD, so that all of the filenames and directories are unchanged. Teleport always writes relative links to files it retrieves, so copying the project folder to the CD will usually work. There are, however, many situations in which Teleport cannot copy a site for use on a CD. One problem is that Teleport may write files with names that are longer than the CD's file system can handle. We do have a new spider in development that is designed for creating CDs, which should be released in September. Also, we provide the WebDisc service, in which we can copy websites to CD for a fee)))

Do u know a better software which is able to do that?
Thanks a lot
Old Jan 05, 2003, 12:13 PM

What do you mean when you say " and I can not do offline browsing as it is possible on the harddisk. " I don't quite follow you there.

If you save a web site to your Desktop for example , a page that you have in effect downloaded to your Temp. Internet Files the web site will work perfectly. That is unless your offline and you click on a link on that page which you have not opened prior to downloading the page. The contents of that link is not going to be in your Temp. Internet Files.

Burning the opened page to a CD-RW with Nero will work just fine, I've done it many times but again don't try to open a link that you see on that one particular page while your off line.

Maybe I'm totally off the wall here and not understanding your question at all.
Old Jan 05, 2003, 07:52 PM

thank u Maineiac
actually my question is not about saving one page of a site, this is easy, I can do it without a problem and use the nero to burn it to a CD.
my question is to burn a complete project done by the software "teleport pro"
***********.tenmax.com/teleport/pro/support.htm
the teleport can copy a complete site to your harddisk (even if u did not visit that site using your internet explorer, all u need is to put the URL of the site and it will copy the whole site for u on your hard disk)
but as I try to burn that project to a cdrom, the nero can not do that?
I hope I explained my question in a better way now.

Old Jan 05, 2003, 09:20 PM

sinano...wow! I have never heard of teleport pro before but it sure sounds interesting. I shall be looking into it directly. Thanks for the link to their site. Something different to play with for a change. LOL

Maineiac
Old Jan 05, 2003, 09:28 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I hope I explained my question in a better way now.
Not really, you still have not said why Nero can't do it... Is it because the filenames are too long, etc.??

Perhaps try: ***********.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=2
Old Jan 06, 2003, 11:16 AM

u r right celtic_druid

the problem is mainly because of long names, but not only that, as I pasted from the page of teleport support:
(((Q: Can I make CD copies of sites with Teleport Pro?
Teleport Pro isn't designed for making CDs)))