CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 07, 2002, 12:06 AM

Question MITSUMI CR-2600TE Problem [; ; win98]

sponsored links

Hi i have a MITSUMI CR-2600TE, CD-R Writer. I'm running WIndows 98 S.E. with a 256 SDRAM, 10GB Seagate Harddisk.
I'm using Adpatec CD, with all the current patches already installed. Also use Nero Burning ROM, and Roxio Easy CD.

I have a problem in writing CD's with a capcity of above 650MB.
It will took some time to recognize those blank CD's(700MB, 800MB etc.) before I can write, and in the middle of writing my system will hang up. All kinds of recording whether ot will be data or audio.

Does it mean that my Writer cannot handle above 650MB? Are there any patches for the writer to be installed? Are there any alernative software?

PLease help....thanks....

email: [email]roy@dmsf.edu.ph[/email]
Old Feb 07, 2002, 12:56 AM
suspended

Default Flash the firmware

You can try updating the firmware which you can download [url=***********.mitsumi.com/enduser/1_drivers.html]here.

Words of warning:

1) Only download and use the firmware specifically written for your model of burner, they are not interchangeable.

2) Take care to follow any instructions to the letter.

Flashing the firmware can improve capabilities and fix faults with the drives performance. However flashing the firmware is not without risk. If ou don't follow the instructions or you flash your burner with the wrong firmware you could end up with a dead drive.

The firmware controlls the basic functions of the drive like the BIOS does for the PC Motherboard. If the upgrade goes wrong the burner may refuse to work or even accept another firmware update.

OK doom & gloom aside, flashing the firmware is something that the user can do & can give you good results.
Old Feb 07, 2002, 03:22 AM

have you tried disc juggler?
Old Feb 07, 2002, 02:47 PM

please remember to disable dma in device manager if you decide to update your firmware.
i dont know about your burner but i think the mutsumi 2801 can only burn 74 min discs
Old Feb 08, 2002, 03:15 AM

Thanks a lot guys. Already did upgrade the BIOS, but I have not tested it yet.

ANyway, I Know this aint conected to this forum, this is about my old computer.

I have a ASUS SP -97 Motherboard, and I want to install WIN98 wiht my new 20GB hard-disk. I'm really having a hard-time on during installation. Before the "LICENSE AGREEMENT PART" during instalation, after reaching 100% I always get "KRNL386" and "WIN386" , thus this will abort the process.

I tried to install this 20HardDrive to other computer but I wont get any error. Even my computer 6 years ago works well.

DYo have any idea whats wrong with this? Or if you happen dont want o answer this questions, dyo have any site that you can give me.

Thank you so much.