CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 09, 2005, 03:40 PM
Veteran

Default Yet another ftp question

sponsored links

i'm trying to softmod my xbox. I got evox to load using the mech assault exploit. After evox is loaded i got all my information about my xbox in the setting folder. Now, when i've come to the point where i must ftp to my xbox. I got a crossover cable, flashfxp, smartftp, and of course an xbox and a laptop. I've typed in every ip address that my xbox gave me. EG 192.168.0.2, 255.255.255.0, and 0.0.0.0 and they give me the following results

0.0.0.0 can't assign requested address

192.168.0.2 no route to host

255.255.255.0 can't assign requested address

Both the xbox and the computer recognize that they are connect to each other because the ethernet port on the xbox lights up when connected to my laptop and whenever i disconnect the xbox from my laptop....my laptop tells me that there is no longer a connection.

I've read about how i might have to physically change my computer's ip address but i have no idea on how i'm suppose to do that.

another thing that i came across is that i can't play any backups using softmod.....is this true? In fact my evox only has 3 selections. Backup, reboot, and shutdown. And whenever i open the tray it automatically shuts down.

If anyone has any info please let me know....and if you have yahoo messenger i'm HBIO please contact me
Old Feb 09, 2005, 04:13 PM

I'll yahoo message to you.
Old Feb 09, 2005, 09:12 PM
Veteran

ok, i now know how to ftp to my xbox but what else to i need to play copied games? Will installing a font or audio exploit be enough or do i need to install yet something else?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 09:43 AM

you would need to install an exploit and a dashboard like evox or unleashx. In other words, if you have your xbox to where it will boot with no discs in it to evolutionx or other replacement dashboard, you should be good for playing backup games. If your using unleashx, it has a copy feature built in to it. If you using Evolutionx, I would recommend getting dvd2xbox application to do this for you. Some other applications worth mentions is Xbox Media Center or XBMC, dvdX2 dongle/region free dvd player and there are plenty others out there too. Oh yeah, I should have read your original post a little closer, sorry, but if your evox only has Backup, reboot, and shutdown for options, I would reinstall it. It should have alot more options than that and would explain why your not able to do certain things. I would consider downloading an installer such as ltools or uxe installer for auf, mechassualt or splintercell and re-installing the mod. That way you can complete the install.

Last edited by sadalius; Feb 10, 2005 at 09:54 AM.