CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 06, 2002, 10:44 AM

Default Xtender installed - power light flashing / beeping

sponsored links

Anybody else get this?: Installed Xtender chip. Then reassembled Xbox. Power on Xbox, get flashing green power light and two short beeps, then light changes to flash red/green and just keeps flashing... Tray wont eject / no display / hard drive spins up (hdd controller spin up at power on), but then stops and has no more activity... Any inout would be appreciated! :-)
Old Jun 06, 2002, 11:25 AM

Mate there are a lot of posts on this board about that, a lot of people have said that after they installed the chip they get this problem, some of them people also said that removing the chip solved the problems, i also heard that as many as 3 in 10 Xtender chips have been reported to have been faulty. Have a search on this board this has been discussed before.

peace mate
Old Jun 06, 2002, 11:26 AM

A wire on your chip or board is touching somewhere it shouldnt. Check all your connections again, I had the same problem.
Old Jun 06, 2002, 12:30 PM

had the same problem here m8, just need to stop your wires from touching each other or the Mob, like the guy says.
Old Jun 06, 2002, 01:11 PM

Thanks guys. great responses!! My friend who did the install glued the wires to the board so they would not move around or get disconnected. Maybe it is better to let them be loose?... Maybe even w/ a little slack??...
Old Jun 10, 2002, 09:43 AM

Anybody know why there is some Xtender info out there that says it has 29 points when it actually has 31? Are there really 2 points you dont have to solder? If so, which ones? 30 and 31??... For instance Divineo's web page...