CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 04, 2002, 07:03 PM

Default Question on .cdi files

sponsored links

Hi this is my first post here,but I have a question.Ok I have obtained a few games for Dreamcast that are .cdi fiels,and I have read at lots of different places how to burn them.But I can't seem to get them to work.Can someone tell me in detail how to take this .cdi file and make it into a selfbooting DC game,and do I need to put other files on the CD with the .cdi for it to work?If so what files please explain to me,I've been trying to do this for like 6 months.
Old Sep 04, 2002, 07:51 PM

OK If I have the .cdi file and I want to burn a game what exactly do I do to make it work,I need to know what files to put on the cd with the .cdi if any?

Last edited by Diamond Dust; Sep 05, 2002 at 12:11 AM.
Old Sep 05, 2002, 02:21 AM

download cdi2nero.. (search for it in google).. this will convert it too a nero burn image.. download nero burn (the demo version will do at www.nero.com).. and burn it with the new image you created using cdi2nero... i was NEVER able to get the cdi to work using Discjuggler.. but as soon as I switched to nero.. got over 70 games... hope this helps
Old Sep 05, 2002, 06:56 PM

Just re-affirming what jodienda76 said. I always had problems burning .CDI files but cdi2nero sorted it out. You can find it at www.megagames.com

X
Old Sep 05, 2002, 09:51 PM

ok so the only thing i need to burn is the .cdi file on the cd after i turn it into nero format?Do I need to burn a bbot cd also to make this game work?
Old Sep 05, 2002, 10:17 PM

You don't need to burn a boot cd to make CDI files work. They are self boot images. The easiest way to do it is this using the method I mentioned earlier is:
1. Go to the directory where your .cdi file is located (ex. D:\temp\nhl2002.cdi).
2. Open up a new windows explorer window.
3. Go to the directory where cdi2nero.exe is located.
4. Drag the .cdi file on top of cdi2nero.exe.
5. This will make a nero image for you. All you have to do now is click on the new .nrg file and Nero will launch for you and all you have to do is click burn.
6. Take the cd out when it's finished and pop it in the cast.. should work.