CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 19, 2002, 07:57 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by brandonbooth [/i]
[B]Sorry, the Man, but it's not coming to XBox. MS has never said anything about being bought my Capcom, and visa-versa. Simply put, it won't happen. Capcom would go to Nintendo or Sony before even considering going to MS, but they haven't even mentioned that they want someone to buy them. [/B]
I haven't seen anything regarding this either, but what makes you so sure Capcom would go running to Nintendo before they would go to M$??? Capcom's relationship with Nintendo has been shaky, at best, regardless of their recent dealings...
Old Oct 19, 2002, 09:11 PM
Veteran

In my book it is going to Sony.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 08:17 AM

thats a pretty bold statement brandonbooth, considering this is EXACTLY the same thing that started before rare got bought. no word was mentioned, only rumors speculated. now look, there owned by microsoft. the fact is, if capcom is looking to get bought, microsoft will do whatever they can to get them... there a strong jap devoloper and where the games go, the people will most likely buy.
Old Oct 21, 2002, 02:15 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by brandonbooth [/i]
[B]You don't understand. Capcom DOES NOT WANT to only make games for XBox - just like RARE sure as hell DOES NOT WANT to make games only for Xbox, they were all pissed off when Nintendo sold them. I still say it will never happen, Capcom would go to Sega or Nintendo before they would even think about letting MS buy them, and they haven't even said they needed to b bought anyway. [/B]
How do you know any of this? Do you work there? Do you have some insight into the minds of Capcom? How do YOU know what they do and don't want?...[i]You don't![/i] so stop pretending you do!

You sound more like a pathetic fanboy then anyone with any intelligence or logic behind his reasoning. You'd prefer Capcom go belly up then get bought out. They couldn't care less about what you or the other fanboys think. When it get's down to business they are going to do what's best for [b]themselves[/b] not you. And if that means they have to "sell out" to Microsoft or some other company just to survive then so be it.

If you want to save Capcom..Then go out and [b]buy[/b] their games! Game companies make money by selling games. If you've never actually paid full price for a game from any company then you have absolutely no merit getting upset when that company goes belly up or is bought out.

Last edited by QWERTY; Oct 21, 2002 at 02:18 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2002, 02:44 AM
Veteran

Pathetic fanboy. How thoughtful and original. First of all, there's nothing pathetic about having a point of view, and it sure as hell doesn't make me a fanboy for saying Capcom wouldn't got to M$. If I was being a pathetic fanboy, I'd say something more like "Yes! Capcom will go to Microsoft because M$ doesn't know jack sh*t about making good console games, so they HAVE to buy all the other developers!". Go out and buy Capcom games? I own Resident Evil for Gamecube, and will be BUYING all the others when they are released. If they were exclusive to XBox, or even on it at all, then I would just download and burn them, just like every other person that posts on this forum. You my friend, are a fanboy.
Old Oct 21, 2002, 05:48 AM

sorry but an official statement by capcom says that although they are in hugo debt, a buyout is not needed and they are all ok. they say no one is buying them.
i for one believe capcom

yoshi