CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 25, 2002, 01:03 AM

Default matrix no longer works

sponsored links

Hi.

I installed my matrix about a week ago. Its been working ok, but last night, tried to turn it on (using either button) and it:

Tries to boot... fails
Tries to boot (with a whine)... fails
Tries to boot (with a whine)... fails, so flashes Red/ Green
Then I get a screen that says "your xbox needs to be serviced" and the error code in the top left is 16 which going by the info off of xbox-scene.com it means "16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)"

If I press eject again, the tray will open. What can I do? Ive already tried burning EvoX to a dvd 4 different times and boxplorer once it wont load either one. Maybe im doing it wrong. I need to know EXACTLY what to do....as in step by step. Any help is apprecicated I have already looked at posts on the forum that simply say to try and boot up boxplorer or evox dash. Neither worked. I might be doing something wrong. PLEASE HELP =(
Old Oct 25, 2002, 01:14 AM

My xbox flashed green and red when the matrix was not seated correctly ...

just a thought!
Old Oct 25, 2002, 05:27 AM
Veteran

Your matrix might of came loose? Have you opened it again to check to see if it's seated correctly still?
Old Oct 25, 2002, 01:13 PM
Veteran

thats the obvious step - surely you did that ? right?
Old Oct 25, 2002, 01:22 PM

look i have never chiped and i would have thought that was the case but check and let us know. I havent bought my chip yet and would like to know how it comes out
Old Oct 25, 2002, 03:18 PM
Veteran

??? Are you talking about the same thread Nolia??

Anyway, Matrix is easy to install and check, you just need a Torx 10&20 screwdriver, then you can get to the motherboard to put in the matrix or check to see if the light is still green.