CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 10, 2003, 10:45 PM

Default Problems playing burned movies

sponsored links

I've got about 150 burned games, using Ritek, Memorex, and Verbatim, both +R and -R, and every one of them has played. I have the DVD kit for it. I've watched about 5 or 6 DVDs in it without a problem. Just now I tried to watch a copied movie. No luck. I tried every type of movie I have, on all the same blanks as the games (Ritek, Memorex, Verbatim, both +R and -R) and none of them worked. The same types of discs with games on them worked fine. Can anyone explain to me why I'm experiencing this bizarre problem and help me correct it?
Old Jul 11, 2003, 03:26 AM
Veteran

Did you make your movie backups yourself? If so what programs did you use to make them?
Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:12 AM

Yep, I've done them all myself. The ones that I tried were done using SmartRipper, then DVD2One, if necessary, and burned with Nero. I have no problem watching any of those movies in my other DVD player. And like I said the exact same kind of discs with games on them worked just fine in my xbox. I'm super confused by this.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 11:21 AM

Is there anyone out there that has a tip, suggestion, clue, whatever to help me solve my dilemma? At this point, forgoing the quality of the games, I might as well be using an old Nintendo. All I'm getting out of this xbox is a game system. HELP!!!
Old Jul 14, 2003, 11:36 AM
Veteran

What version of nero?
Older versions were tripe for propper DVD compliance.
A lot of standalones can read non compliant DVD as they are flexible.
XBOX is not flexible it needs to be 100% DVD compliant.
Recordnow Max is the defacto burner for movies. 100% compliant. This does not mean to say however if you reburn a Nero compiled DVD that it will work.... RNM will simply copy that DVD, faults and all.
I think Nero has only been fully DVD compliant in the last couple of releases so even though you may think you're up to date with 5.5 or whatever always ensure you have the VERY latest.
Im using Nero 5.5.10.35 and even thats old now LOL. Always use Stomp RNM for DVD m8 :-)

Last edited by danman; Jul 14, 2003 at 11:44 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 11:48 AM

I believe I'm using 5.5.9.14. I heard at the time I got my DVD burner that the current version out then, 5.5.10.0, had problems and that the version I had was better for burning movies. Are you saying that I should try a newer version and that my version may not be DVD compliant?