CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 20, 2003, 07:11 PM
Veteran

Default Evox "play game from hd" Menu

sponsored links

Hey guys this a bit of a random question but does anyone know how to edit the titles of the "play games from hard drive" menu of games.

Ithought it was the items.txt file on the c drive so altered the game titles in their on the pc ftp'ed back to the c drive on the xbox and reset the machine- but the menus still have the old names

its the 4976.02 version of evox i'm running

Last edited by nimbles; Jul 20, 2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2003, 07:56 PM
Veteran

I think the latest evox is EvolutionX_V1_8_3752 and not 4976.02 as this is Xecuter 2 bios which is totaly different. Anyway try editing [b]evox.ini[/b] but i don't have a clue what your talking about. are you trying to change text, path or add extra text?
Old Jul 20, 2003, 08:02 PM
Veteran

oops sorry yeah you're right 4976.02 is the bios version- i have evox 1.8.3752.

Basically when you slect the "play game from har drive" option, you get the list of games on your hard drive- basically some of the games are all in capitals others are all in lower case, and fifa 2k3 is for some reason FIFA2002- basically wanted to tidy it all up.- so to answer your question i just want to change the text

I've looked in the ini file but none of the game names are in there so i assumed it isn't in the evox.ini file
Old Jul 20, 2003, 08:36 PM
Veteran

using default evox.ini setting find the line

[i]Section "Launch Menu"
{
Section "Games"
{
AutoAddItem "e:\games\"
AutoAddItem "f:\games\"
SortAll
}[/i]
so what you do is make a folder inside f:\games and put the game files includes default.xbe in the new folder. When evox is loaded it searches for default.xbe and displays its name on screen. This names are imbedded into dafault.xbe. so the name cannot be changed. unless you add something like this:

[i]Section "Launch Menu"
{
Section "Games"
{
Item "Invaders","f:\games\invaders\default.xbe"
Item "X-Pong","e:\games\pong\default.xbe"
Item "BallZY","e:\games\ballzy\default.xbe"
SortStart
AutoAddItem "e:\games\"
AutoAddItem "f:\games\"
SortEnd
SortAll[/i]
but this is time wasting if you got lots of games.

OR get programs called xbe renamer then use that tool to rename default.xbe imbedded names.

Last edited by redwolf; Jul 20, 2003 at 08:43 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2003, 09:23 PM
Veteran

you'll have to open up the default.xbe for each individual game in a hex editor and change the name from there.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 09:53 AM

easy one.. obtain the program xberenamer and take the xbe from the game folder and open in that program... it will say what its called on your hd... under that is where i can make it called what ever u want... and your ready to ftp it back to the hd and overwrite the old one

This is actually the reply I got a while ago from Dylan Thomas and it worked beautifully