CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 21, 2003, 11:35 PM

Unhappy Converting Matrix Reloaded Centropy 3 part AVI's to vcd or SVCD????

sponsored links

I have a problem with Matrix_Reloaded_CTP_SVCD. I extracted the rar files into 3 avi parts. I tried to encode the first of 3 avis (220 mb) to a vcd, which came out to be a 439 mpeg file after it encoded. I used Tmpgenc to encode it to a mpeg 1 (I assume under vcd settings)??? and Nero 5.5 to burn on vcd setting which ending up being a 540 mb. All I get is audio and no video for the first 1 minute and then the counter keeps running with no audio or video after that, on my stand alone DVD player....???? Please help me, because I think that i did something wrong in settings or something while encoding. Should I be converting it to SVCD or what? Why would the audio play for only 1 minute with no video??? and then nothing but the counter running??? Thanks

And my dvd player supports vcd and (I have read at vcdhelp.com SVCD too ) its a:

Sony DVP-S560D
Old May 22, 2003, 11:22 AM

Ok...well can anyone tell me this then??? I decompressed audio to a wav file with virtualdub. After TmpGenc encoded it gave me a mpeg file that will only play audio but no video on my PC. If I burn this in nero 5.5 as a vcd, will it still play correctly on the stand alone dvd player if there is not the proper codec on my computer for the video????? Someone PLEASE help me out here....Thanks
Old May 22, 2003, 11:30 AM

sounds like yer need the codec to play it 1st b4 yer can encode it to vcd or svcd. what i do is use avi2vcd to decompress the avi yer will end up with a .pcm and then save the audio from the pcm file to wav with virtualdub run tmpgenc add the original avi file then add the wav file i made and encode.
Old May 22, 2003, 11:48 AM

Ok I have done that too but the audio still plays on the PC with no video. If I burn this with nero 5.5 will the video play on it with a stand alone dvd player? Because the AUDIO is still fine....but no video. Someone please help out!!!
Old May 22, 2003, 02:14 PM

I also was able to view the avi with no problem on my PC before the encoding and now the mpeg file wont play video only audio on PC. Will it still play video on stand alone dvd player that supports vcd????? ANYONE KNOW THIS>>>???
Old May 22, 2003, 03:13 PM
Veteran

If you have AVI's then you don't have the Centropy release, that would come as 3 BIN/CUE's compressed.

Also if you can open an AVI with VirtualDub then you have the correct video codec installed.