CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 20, 2002, 08:09 AM
Veteran

Thumbs up I MIGHT be able to record a high quality .RM to high quality VCD/MPEG

sponsored links

Like the title says, I might be able to do this. I will not be able to try until I get the right equipment.

First of all I need a system called the Terapin which I have. You can check out this system here.

www.goterapin.com.

What I need to buy now is a video card with TV-OUTPUT ( I am searching for a good one for my AGP slot for a good price ).

I do not think you can hook up the Terapin to record from your PC, so I have thought of another way to do so. That way is to use the video card to output the .RM files (or any other like divx) to my TV Screen and then hook up the Terapin to either my VCR or TV and record to VCD.

I am not sure if this will work until I try it. If it does work, the Terapin should record and output the same quality as a Real Player video (if the original was clear and nice, as some .RM's are)

Note: Not all .rm videos are bad in quality cause I have some I think look pretty darn good.

I will keep this updated for those interested.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:01 PM
Veteran

hi sweteg,

.rm resolution = 320x240 or lower, changing it to .mpeg is`nt going to make it better, maybe worse due to the encoding.
check resolutions here:-
***********.vcdhelp.com/comparison.htm

if you manage to capture at max resolution it will still be poor quality,
compared to mpeg1/2 even these require a better quality input to give good quality output after capturing/encoding.
but beauty is in the eye etc.
you can still use your tv-out card for recording better quality files played with power dvd etc.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 04:27 AM

I got a TV Tunner Card, with S-Video input. All i do is i connect my S-Video wire from my cable box to my TV Tunner Card and i use InterVideo DVR ( ********intervideo.com/jsp/Home.jsp ) and it comes with MPEG2 software and its only $99! But if your going to make a VCD movie. its not going to be high quality.