CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 10, 2002, 06:38 PM

Default Problem with burning a mp3 file to a audio cd

sponsored links

Hi, my goal is to burn a mp3 file of a lecture onto a audio cd so that I can listen to it in any cd player

I am using nero express to split the mp3 into tracks and than using nero burning rom to burn the tracks to the cd-r.

I run into a problem where the end of the track is missing. I checked nero's website and they suggested turning of an option. I tried it with that but it is still missing the end of the track.

Also, after the 13th track I can't hear any audio or there is no audio. Just when I click the track I hear a initial noise and that's it. So from the 13th track onward it doesn't look like anything was copied. I have tried it numerous times hereby wasting a lot of cd-r.

I would appreciate any help on this.

I am not too familiar with nero so if someone could list a step by step procedure on what to do to make this work it would be great. I am using nero 5.5.9.9. Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2002, 08:16 PM

Convert it to a WAV file -it should work!
Old Nov 11, 2002, 10:39 AM

Default Nero converts automatically

Nero converts automatically. And I know that because on the CD's that i have burned I can hear upto the 12th track with only the last few seconds of the track missing. But starting from the 13th Track there is nothing. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Old Nov 11, 2002, 03:18 PM
Veteran

May not be the answer but are you short of disc space ?

A mate of mine had the same problem whereby he could only ever burn 12 tracks or around 40 mins of an audio CD. He only had a 1.4 Gb hard drive and when he cleared it up and made a bit more space everything was fine.

This might be utter b******t, but it's the only answer I could come up with for my mate !