CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 08, 2002, 10:46 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Hmmmm, Actual Programmers for Rockstar etc... are getting between 30000 to 60000 depending on Programming levels and there talent. This to me is what they should be getting paid and nothing less. If it wasn't for these guys what would happen to the console industry!!. Like everyone elses post's give the company the money they deserve, If you want to see more games like GTA3, GTA VC and DMC.
Old Nov 08, 2002, 11:58 AM

For the last 2 years I have bought two games religously from Amazon so you get them the day of release (like I did GTA VC today!)

Pro Evolution and GTA, because they are worth every penny, also bought MGS2...
Old Nov 08, 2002, 12:28 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Its only 39.99 at best buy...
Old Nov 08, 2002, 12:51 PM

i think the point that too many backups make you a game collector rather than a game player is a very true and one that i think i can relate to. sometimes i get backup games i have not even heard of just so i can boast about how many games i have to my friends. i play them for maybe a few days then forget about it.
i think there is something special about buying a game from the shop and coming home to unravel that plastic covering, opening the case and unearthing the cd\dvd. it feels valuable and you know you've spent good money on it therefore not only do you enjoy it more but you also play it for longer. although having said that if a game you buy turns out to be a real stinker then i think you also feel the pain more.
as a student i cant afford to buy all my games from the shop therefore i guess backups will have to do for now (unless its a very special game) but i think the price of games should drop to around 25 ( then again we are rip-off britain!). the majority of games on the ps2 are crap and some are so bad you wonder how the hell they got past the testing stage (the Army Men series is a perfect example yet they release sequel after sequel of unplayable crap).
compared to 10 years ago when mega drive/snes games were nearly 50 i guess things have got better but how they justified selling a game for 50 is still beyond me. to a certain extent i do think the increase in people buying backups has forced the games industry to reduce prices.

Last edited by mobilehustla; Nov 08, 2002 at 12:57 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2002, 03:13 PM
Veteran

mobilehustla,

Very well put. I agree with you on every single point
Old Nov 08, 2002, 05:11 PM

The whole point why companies like sony put games on cd-rom and eventually dvd roms was to save production cost compared to making cartridges; and still games cost an arm and a leg plus a kidney. i agree they are quality games out there like vice city wich i have an original copy. but the prices on all games should come down

plain and simple there are more crap games than good games so the price of all games should come down on all that way developers will be forced to produced quality games and stop with all of these licesing crap games like blade 2, the scorpion king , and Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive anyone who buys the afromentioned should get stoned after they leave the store.

i know they are alothard core fans of movies and tv shows but the madness has to stop with these games.