CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 08, 2002, 09:35 AM
Veteran

Default Problem playing back Disney DVD's

sponsored links

I have just purchased the 8 disc set of Disney DVD's from a Trader on this forum.

6 of the DVD's work great on my stand alone DVD player but volumes 5 and 6 can not be read.

However they do work on my Windows media player which seems to suggest that they can be copied and the problems corrected.

I have therefore attemted to re-copy the DVD's by using Nero and DVD decryptor but i have now got a large number of coasters. I have tried creating an ISO file and doing a straight DVD copy.

Is there any way that i can copy the DVD's so that they will work on my DVD player?

Can anyone please help?
Old Dec 08, 2002, 11:02 AM

Use DVD Decrypter to extract the M2V & AC3 files and re-author the movie with IfoEdit then burn it.
Old Dec 08, 2002, 11:39 AM
Veteran

Thanks for the information.

I have checked the DVD decryptor programme but can not find any reference to m2v and ac3 files.

Can you provide any further details?

Thanks
Old Dec 08, 2002, 12:03 PM

Used IFO mode then select Stream Processing in the right hand window. Select the video and click demux then one audio stream and demux again (uncheck the other streams). Make sure you go into the settings and set filesplitting to none and you want to keep the IFO.

Start IfoEdit and open the copied IFO then double click VTS_PCGITI, click on VTS_PCG_1 then goto TOOLS at the top of the screen and save celltimes to file.

Close IfoEdit and open it again, now select DVD AUTHOR. You should be able to work the rest out.
Old Dec 08, 2002, 01:23 PM
Veteran

Thanks very much for your help

I seemed to have figured out how to do it, but it is quite time consuming because there are four different films on the DVD and the process as therefore got to be done four times.

Fingers crossed and hopefully everything should be ok
Old Dec 08, 2002, 01:57 PM

If you have 4 seperate movies then rip the M2V & AC3 files, remane them eg movie1.ac3 - movie1.m2v, movie2.ac3 - movie2.m2v then import them one at a time into Spruce.

I know it's pain but at least you will have a good copy at the end.