CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 29, 2003, 06:15 PM

Default How do you work a Messiah 2 Pro?

sponsored links

My PS2 just broke.

I'm going to get a new one, and thought I'd use this opportunity to upgrade my chip as well, which was a Magic 3.

I'm deciding between Magic V and Messiah 2 pro. I know everyone here is pro-Messiah, but I have a question.

How do you work the Messiah? I mean for PS2 and PSX games, do you have to do anyhing (like with Magic, you have to hold the power button for PSX mode). The messiah site just says the Messiah 2 Pro simplified this operation, but it doesn't say what you have to do.

If someone could tell me exactly how to operate a Messiah 2 Pro chip, I'd appreciate it. Also, if you could tell me anything that makes it better than Magic V. I was pretty happy with Magic 3, except it couldn't load from the browser, which the V can.

Thanks.

BTW, I am in the U.S. and Magics are much easier to come by here.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 07:21 PM
Veteran

I think for Messiah2, to load PSX games and DVD Movies, you hold reset for a while, like 5 seconds or something.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:02 PM

Whoops, somehow this got in the wrong section...I just reposted in the mod chip section.

Any admin, feel free to delete this thread.