CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:54 PM

Angry slim switch is WORTHLESS!

sponsored links

I ordered a slim switch from the crappiest company I ever seen, MODCHIP.CA ... I paid for OVERNIGHT delivery and, 14 days later, I got 3 extremely crappy pieces of plastic. The things that modcrap, I mean, modchip.ca WON'T TELL YOU:

1.The stupid piece number one had glue in it, once you put it on your slim ps2 YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CLOSE THE LID. And if you remove it, eventually you won't be able to put it anymore because the glue will go away.

2. Piece #2 is a whole different mess. The "instructions" are PHOTOCOPIES, very black, like made from other photocopy. YOU CANNOT SEE A THING. Oh, it has a link which is, well, like 10% less useless so it helps nothing really. Can't see a thing, now in color! Of all the possible forms to put this extremely small plastic turd on, NONE worked. I even LOST IT INSIDE MY BRAND NEW SLIM PS2, and since I wanted to return it, I opened the machine. Bye bye waranty!

3. and the TURD piece, I meant, 3rd, is confusing as hell, due to the disbelief that sets in when you realize that, even if you work something out with piece #1, the TURD piece is designed to keep the door WIDE OPEN.

AND NOW, THE FUNNY PART.

You have all the craps installed... place your magic swap disc... and watch in horror as the disc won't even move. That's right: all that trouble could be redeemed if only you could actually play your, er, "imports" , BUT NO. A whole morning wasted on these P.O.S. plastic pieces and to no avail.

Now the GROOVY part. Not!

Modchip.ca tells me, QUOTE:

" if you want to go though all the trouble and cost of shippin which will exceed the slim switch then go ahead and return it, make sure you read terms and conditions page for returns rma#8888"

so I'm stuck with 3 useless pieces of plastic.

So I said "up theirs" and decided to tell my experience so nobody else lose time, money and faith on buying thru the internet because an experience like this. Avoid the slim switch and don't buy from modchip.ca .

All this trouble because of 4 million freaking people in Puerto Rico apparently NO ONE had the desire to install chips. Enterpreneurs, here is your chance to do business! Only some whining mofo at EL CANTON MALL used to do it but now he is not, thank God because he was WHINING INCARNATED. What a scum bucket. There was a pretty good guy called pepe but he is living in Canada now.

If you read this and know about a modifier in Puerto Rico please let me know.

Thanks, sorry for the rant. Let's cheer now