CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:36 PM

Question I need ps2 modding help--newbie questions!!!

sponsored links

I have a version 4 or older Ps2 and would like to install a mod chip. i have a modded xbox and it works great. i just have a few questions on the modding procedure for the ps2.

1. Do you recommend no-sod chips or regular ones?
2. Once a new mod chip is installed, is special software needed to load burnt games?
3. Is burning ps2 games similar to burining xbox games?.....ftp to ps2, copy disc to computer, convert to iso file, burn to dvd-r???
4. Is a bios disc needed for anything?

sorry there are a lot of questions. i would appreciate any help, answers, or websites if they can be posted to point me in another helpful direction.

thanks guys

stussy02
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:53 AM

Hi Stussy,

The only solderless mods that I know of are the EZI range from DMS, but they are only for versions 5 to 10, so outside of using swap discs you would need to install a solder mod. There are a number of chips available, both pre-coded and and blank. The top chips on the market in our opinion at the moment are the DMS4 range and Matrix infinity, both of these would require the firmware to be updated via cd-r to load the bios. Once done simply pop your back up in and away you go.

Backing up of PS2 games is somewhat easier than the Xbox as you simply use programs such as dvddecrypter to read the iso to your computer and then burn to dvd-r

Hope that answers all your Q's

For all your U.K chips, fitting and premod needs visit us at www.ghost2fitter.co.uk