CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 27, 2003, 12:53 PM
Veteran

Default Help needed connecting phone to usb...............

sponsored links

I tried to connect my mobile to the usb port of my pc. It uses a 64MB memory card. It comes on saying found new hardware etc. Tried to install drivers from software cd. Starts to install mass storage device(USB) then stops and Says cannot complete instalation.

Any ideas?

It will install in my kids computer no problems. Both are networked on windows xp pro....................

I am sure I would have the same problems with any other usb storage device too
Old Sep 27, 2003, 03:02 PM

Obviously the disk is ok or it wouldn't install on other pc, maybe cleaning the laser would help, lens cleaning disks are available just about everywhere now but just out of curiosity..have you tried it in another usb port on the same computer?

[IMG]***********.ewandew.com/sig/cooltext14765941.jpg[/IMG]
Old Sep 27, 2003, 04:44 PM
Veteran

Doesn't work on any usb port. Don't know what you mean by laser...........................It is a mobile phone with memory card. Shows up as another hard drive on pc it works on...
Old Sep 27, 2003, 04:54 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Have you installed the patch on both machines. Windows XP requires a usb patch to function properly.

[url=***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=250266]DETAILS are available from the Device Driver forum sticky.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 05:26 PM
Veteran

I have installed SP1 a while ago. When I try to install file from device driver page it won't allow me because driver is older than what I have already got.....