CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 28, 2003, 10:01 PM
Veteran

Default Cant Find DVD2one Program

sponsored links

Everone talks about this program but i cant find it seems like the home page is down, any alternate sites
Old Jan 28, 2003, 10:42 PM

looks like dvd2one website is having some server issuse, when tring to buy it last night thru their buy now page, the server was not found by my browser and took like 10 mins to come back up, maybe its because of all the trafic its getting. (looks like when someone comes up with something really good the word defenetly gets around).

off topic:
althou it is a great program considering that it is only verson 1.0 , it defenetly has room for improvement and the guy suld put up a message board for everyone to go in and make sugestions for new options for later updates.

i wonder if this program "has" to recompress the movie or whatever, for example if my movie vob files are only 3 gigs long, all i would want this program to do is produce the correct ifo file for it to run normaly, this would defenetly speed up the prosses of makeing backups that the movie is smaller then 4.38 gigs. since you wouldent have to pass the program thru spruce up and dvd2one wouldent need to spend time reencoding it.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 02:40 AM

[b]dragula96[/b]

Have you tried IfoEdit for creating IFO files ?
Old Jan 29, 2003, 12:00 PM
Veteran

I just got trial version of it yesterday from their site, its only 92k. maybe that net worm is slowing things down?

I Still dont know what its for exactly. The docs don't say that much. I put a dvd in & ran it & it only took like 4 seconds to make a few files, which obviousaly aren't what I want. Im guessing that I missed a step :-)
Old Jan 29, 2003, 01:59 PM

you didnt miss a step. The trial version will only do about 20min of the movie.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 07:30 PM
Veteran

sure I did, I forgot to use SR first to rip to HD....I was just testing it really. The copy dvd plays right away in my apex 1500.....that player doesn't show closed captions --a design issues so I don't know if they get sent along with the copy yet, which they do with dvdxcopy.