CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 23, 2002, 02:53 PM

Unhappy Help! Cannot burn 8cm mini CD-R [Creative; CD-RW RW8434E ; winME]

sponsored links

Last week I purchased a Beatman II directly from Freecom, together with a 5 pack of the Freecom 8 cm Mini CD-R.

I have so far been unable to successfully burn any mp3 files onto these devices.

Is anyone able to help or tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

My system information is as follows:

OS Windows ME
CD Writer Creative CD-RW RW 8 4 32X (Creative CD-RW RW8434E)
Burning Software Nero Burning Rom 5.5.6.4

when I run Nero Burning Rom I get the following information under CD Recorder settings
Creative CD-RW RW8434E
Maximum speed - 8x (1200KB/s)
Firmware - FC03
Overburn - Not Supported
JustLink/BURN proof - Not Supported
Disc at once - Supported
Simulation - Supported
CD Text - Not Supported
Recorder buffer - 2048 KB

On the File Options Tab I have
ISO Level 1
Mode 1
Character set ISO9660
Joliet
Burn Tab
Simulation
Write
Write Speed 4x

I then run Compile a new CD, select Data CD, select Compile a New Data CD, select Finish
Then I Drag & Drop the .mp3 files
Then I hit the Burn Button, select Test and Burn, select Write Speed 4x, select Burn

The mini CD-R is then elected, I get a message asking me to insert a CD, I insert the CD, it spins for a bit and then nothing happens at all.
I have tried three different mini CD-Rs from the 5-Pack as well as the mini CD-R that came with the Beatman II. Always with the same results.

If I try using MusicMatch 7.0 burning software then I get a message saying that it is unable to write to the media in the drive.

I have used both these programs to successfully write mp3 files onto standard size CD-Rs

What do I need to do to get this working?
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:03 PM
Veteran

Lightbulb

Your drive possibly doesn't support mini CDs. It could be software so try downloading a demo of CDRWIN from www.goldenhawk.com

My 8x Plextor burner will not burn mini CDs (they weren't available when most 8x burners were introduced). You could also try updating the drives firmware.