CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 03, 2002, 08:53 PM

Default matrix installation problem

sponsored links

I got a matrix and spent almost 3 hours trying to install it correctly. But I always got the red flash in mode 1. In fact I am pretty sure I align the chip correctly. But the wierd thing is that when I turned the power off and set the chip mode from 1 to 2(dip switch 1 off 2 on), then turned the power on again, I got the solid green. Does this mean I set the chip correctly? I don't have any backup on hand right now so I don't know how to test if the chip works or not.
Anybody have any suggestion? Your help will be highly appreciated.
Old Nov 04, 2002, 03:35 AM

no it is not installed correctly. you must align the 3 alignment holes with the points on the motherboard and also get the green flashing LEDs. (very hard to do in my case, but keep trying)
When you have this leave the switch in mode 1, turn the machine off and then on again, you should still have the green flashing LEDs(if you don't then you will have to move it slightly again) then switch to mode 2, yes you will get the constant green when you have switched it back on.(in mode 2 the LEDs will be constant green no matter where the matrix is situated).
Get hold of goldbergs ISO, with evolution X dashboard on it,burn it on a CDRW (not a CDR) if your xbox reads this then it is chipped correctly.

Last edited by johntin; Nov 04, 2002 at 03:37 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2002, 11:02 PM

Cool tip on checking without a backup game
Old Nov 05, 2002, 11:29 PM

or flash it with one of the colour mod bios's then you can tell as the xbox boots cause the big X is a different colour