CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 04, 2003, 11:10 AM
Veteran

Default Virus Warning Look In

sponsored links

Hi Guys,

There is a virus going around called W32.Klez.H@mm.

I have spoken to Clair at LORD OF THE DEALS to report this and her host is currently closing the web server and suspending the offers@lordofthedeals email addy,

Clair@ lord of the deals has said
ďIt seems that someone has hacked our generic header address for our offers@lordofthedeals email address and has attached this virus to it. Our host is currently removing this header into a more secure server and is also moving our address book too. We have done everything in our power to resolve this but please can you stop replying to the email or emailing us at [email]offers@lordofthedeals.co.uk[/email] as it is spreading this virus further. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.Ē

She also assured me that they donít hold a virus on their servers as they have uptodate anti virus software and have done a complete sweep.

So please guys donít reply to this email as it spreads further and also sends your addy book. I have had almost 100 email bounce to me today and lucky for me I have no address book and also have a fully updated Norton anti virus 2003 as well as email virus protection from BTOpenworld.

[b]PLEASE DONíT NOT REPLY[/b]

Here is some stuff about the virus:-

The W32.Klez.H@mm worm is a modified variant of the W32.Klez.E@mm. This variant can spread by email and network shares. It is also capable of infecting files.

More info can be found here:-. ********securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html

A remove tool can be found here:- ********securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html

Also please no flaming as I am only the messenger and I am in no way contacted to this virus or load of the deals (as many that knows me already knows )

Regards

GAS

[b]PS Please bump this or mods can you make this a sticky thanxs[/b]
Old Mar 04, 2003, 11:21 AM
Veteran

It should be common sense by now to users that they should use a good quality anti-virus scanner and have it updated as often as possible, as well as not downloading attachments from strangers.

This subject has been covered many times before with each new virus, so its the users responsibility to protect themself.

But thanks for the warning.

Duffy
Old Mar 04, 2003, 12:33 PM
suspended

GAS m8, U sure you're not a director of lord of the deals??? lol

J/K, but a company like this really should know better. Be fair, how hard is good virus protection these days?

Thanks for the heads up though m8.
Old Mar 04, 2003, 12:38 PM
Veteran

LOL me a director LMAO, I cant direct myself to work on time LMFAO

just hope all is sorted now

GAS
Old Mar 04, 2003, 02:05 PM
Veteran

Thanks, but hasn't the klez virus been out for 18 months or so ?
Old Mar 04, 2003, 04:56 PM
Veteran

Im with green_blade.......lol....